Eleanor Smith’s voting in Parliament
Eleanor Smith is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Eleanor Smith’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Eleanor Smith’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Eleanor Smith’s full vote analysis page for more.
Eleanor Smith has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
What recent discussions she has had with Channel 4 on relocating outside London.
The Secretary of State keeps saying that this has got to be ensured, but many of us have put bids in, particularly from the west midlands—I am from Wolverhampton so I would want Channel 4 to go there—and we still do not know. What will she do to ensure that any relocation of Channel 4 protects its ability to fund itself through advertising?
If he will make a statement on his departmental responsibilities.
More of Eleanor Smith’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Wolverhampton South West
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 10 debates since joining Parliament — well below average amongst MPs. See all Eleanor Smith’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions since joining Parliament — well below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 85.71% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 46 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Eleanor Smith’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 6 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Nov 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
15 June 2017
, received £2,290.42 as a Member of the Executive Board of UIA
Mutual Insurance Ltd, Kings Court, London Road, Stevenage SG1 2TP. Hours: none since my election. (Registered 06 July 2017
28 June 2017, received £955.11 as a theatre nurse for Birmingham Women and Children's Trust, Mindelsohn Way, Birmingham B15 2TG. Hours: none since my election. (Registered 06 July 2017)
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: UNISON
Address of donor: 13 Euston Road, London NW1 2AY
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 06 July 2017)
Member. (Registered 06 July 2017)
General Council Member. (Registered 06 July 2017)
Registered General Adult Nurse. (Registered 06 July 2017)
Until 31 July 2017, Non-executive Director of UIA Mutual Insurance Ltd. (Registered 06 July 2017; updated 31 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from