Paul Girvan’s voting in Parliament
Paul Girvan is a DUP MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other DUP MPs.
This is a selection of Paul Girvan’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Paul Girvan’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Paul Girvan’s full vote analysis page for more.
Paul Girvan has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
In relation to those businesses, the message that I am getting—I wonder if it is coming across to others—is that the “Project Fear” agenda that is being put forward by those who are still not wedded to the idea that we leave the EU, or the idea of not getting whatever sort of deal they want, is sending out the wrong message to industry and creating fear within...
I thank the Prime Minister for her statement to the House today. I listened with interest when she stated that she was both a proud Unionist and strong on the Union. I take heart from that. I want to give comfort to the people in Northern Ireland on this matter of not having a soft or hard border down the middle of the Irish sea. I want that assurance because the people of Ulster feel that...
To ask the Minister for Women and Equalities, whether the Government plans to offer support to Northern Irish women to carry their children through to term in the light of the support it is extending to women in Northern Ireland seeking support to have an abortion on the NHS in England.
More of Paul Girvan’s recent appearances
DUP MP for South Antrim
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Topics of interest
- Women and Equalities
- Maternity Services: Northern Ireland
Currently held offices
- Member, Transport Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Transport) (since 1 Jul 2017)
- Shadow DUP Spokesperson (Education) (since 1 Jul 2017)
- Liberal Democrat Lords Spokesperson (Transport) (since 1 Jul 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 4 debates since joining Parliament — well below average amongst MPs. See all Paul Girvan’s speeches
- Has received answers to 1 written question since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 85.71% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 14–15 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 14 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Paul Girvan’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 2 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Nov 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
House in Belfast, owned jointly with my wife: (i). (Registered 06 July 2017)
House in Larne, owned jointly with my wife: (i). (Registered 06 July 2017)
House in Newtonabbey, owned jointly with my wife: (i). (Registered 06 July 2017)
House in Ballyclare, owned jointly with my wife: (i). (Registered 06 July 2017)
Unpaid Director of Ballyclare Community Concern. (Registered 06 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from