Liz Twist’s voting in Parliament
Liz Twist is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Liz Twist’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Liz Twist’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Liz Twist’s full vote analysis page for more.
Liz Twist has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 21 Nov 2017
Labour MP for Blaydon
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Ministry of Defence
- Department of Health
- Department for Education
- Health and Economic Education
- Energy: Prices
- Psychiatry: Education
- Armed Forces: Housing
Currently held offices
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Member, Petitions Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 18 debates since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs. See all Liz Twist’s speeches
- Has received answers to 5 written questions since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 77.08% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 37 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Liz Twist’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 7 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Nov 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
19 June 2017
, received £1,406.87 as Councillor and Cabinet
Member, Gateshead Metropolitan Borough Council, Civic Centre, Regent Street, Gateshead NE8 1HH. Hours: none since my election. I have resigned as a Cabinet Member. (Registered 07 July 2017
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: UNISON
Address of donor: 130 Euston Road, London NW1 2AY
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 07 July 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
25% share of a house in St. Helens, Merseyside: (i). (Registered 07 July 2017)
Councillor, Gateshead Metropolitan Borough Council. Since my election to Parliament, I claim no allowances. (Registered 07 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from