Liz Twist’s voting in Parliament
Liz Twist is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Liz Twist’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Liz Twist’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Liz Twist’s full vote analysis page for more.
Liz Twist has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
I will keep my remarks brief. We have had a wide-ranging, interesting and lively discussion on the broad subject of leaving the European Union. I will return to the points made by our petitioner, Ciaran O’Doherty. I remind hon. Members that Ciaran and the 110,000 people who signed the petition were saying that they are really concerned about the impact of leaving the European Union...
I beg to move, That this House has considered the e-petition relating to leaving the European Union. It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Sir Roger. On behalf of 110,059 petitioners, I rise to present e-petition 219905, which states: “If there is no agreement to leave the EU then Brexit must be stopped”. I apologise to everyone if I need to stop and blow my nose. I...
I thank my hon. Friend for her intervention. I certainly agree that we must listen to the voices of young people—I will talk about that in a moment—and that we need to have a full picture. It is particularly relevant to note the walk-out today because the lead petitioner, Ciaran O’Doherty, is a young man, 15 years of age, who has given a lot of thought to the issue. I have...
More of Liz Twist’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Blaydon
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Department for Exiting the European Union
- Department for Education
- Ministry of Defence
- Pharmaceutical Price Regulation Scheme
- Industrial Health and Safety
- Health and Economic Education
- Energy: Prices
- Food Banks: Maidenhead
Currently held offices
- Member, European Statutory Instruments Committee (since 18 Jul 2018)
- Member, Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Member, Petitions Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 77 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Liz Twist’s speeches
- Has received answers to 7 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 80.93% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 45 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Liz Twist’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 58 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 29 Oct 2018.
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
25% share of a house in St. Helens, Merseyside: (i). (Registered 07 July 2017)
Until 23 March 2018
, Councillor, Gateshead Metropolitan Borough Council. After my election to Parliament, I claimed no allowances. (Registered 07 July 2017; updated 23 July 2018
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from