James Frith’s voting in Parliament
James Frith is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of James Frith’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of James Frith’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit James Frith’s full vote analysis page for more.
James Frith has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 4 Dec 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what process his Department undertook to ensure that UK has complied fully with OSPAR guidance in issuing the dredge and disposal permit Marine Licence 12/45/ML.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what process his Department undertook to ensure that the UK has complied fully with the London Convention 1972 in issuing the dredge and disposal permit Marine Licence 12/45/ML?
The success of T-levels, which will incorporate coding and programming in education, will largely rely on addressing the chronic underfunding of our colleges, so was the Secretary of State disappointed, as Bury College and Holy Cross College in my constituency were, that the Chancellor ignored the pleas to address the great iniquity of post-16 funding? What will the Secretary of State do about it?
More of James Frith’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bury North
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department for Education
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Office
- Cabinet Office
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Free School Meals
- Stalking and Domestic Violence
- Police: Greater Manchester
- Voting Rights: Young People
Currently held offices
- Member, Education Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 13 debates since joining Parliament — well below average amongst MPs. See all James Frith’s speeches
- Has received answers to 11 written questions since joining Parliament — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 84.93% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 56 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on James Frith’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 6 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Dec 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Communication Workers Union
Address of donor: 150 The Broadway, Wimbledon, London SW19 1RX
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £4,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 05 July 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
House in Bury: (i). (Registered 05 July 2017)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Pull Together Ltd; careers education services. (Registered 05 July 2017)
Director (unpaid) of Pull Together Ltd. (Registered 05 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from