Jo Platt’s voting in Parliament
Jo Platt is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
This is a selection of Jo Platt’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jo Platt’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jo Platt’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jo Platt has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 16 Jan 2018
I thank my hon. Friend the Member for Weaver Vale (Mike Amesbury) for securing this vital debate. Local authorities across the country are at a tipping point. Eight years of Tory austerity have decimated our local councils, with my local authority of Wigan facing an additional 30% cut to its budget, which will mean £160 million taken out of its budget by 2020. Prior to coming to the...
More of Jo Platt’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Leigh
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department for Exiting the European Union
- Department for Transport
- Department for Education
- Department of Health
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- GP at Hand
- Apprentices: Taxation
- Department for Exiting the European Union: Brexit
- Railways: Leigh
Currently held offices
- Member, Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee (since 11 Dec 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (4 Dec 2017 to 11 Dec 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 34 debates since joining Parliament — average amongst MPs. See all Jo Platt’s speeches
- Has received answers to 189 written questions since joining Parliament — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 84.96% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 28 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jo Platt’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 19 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 19 Mar 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
Until 4 September 2017
, Councillor, Wigan Council, 1 Library Street, Wigan WN1 1NZ. (Updated 05 September 2017)
20 June 2017
, received £1,025.08. Hours: approx. 45 hrs since my election. (Registered 06 July 2017)
20 July 2017, received £1,025.08. Hours: 45 hrs. (Registered 01 August 2017
20 August 2017, received £1,025.08. Hours: 45 hrs. (Registered 05 September 2017)
20 September 2017, received £136.68. Hours: 10 hrs. (Registered 06 October 2017
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Unite the Union
Address of donor: 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TN
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 06 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from