Jo Platt’s voting in Parliament
Jo Platt is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
This is a selection of Jo Platt’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jo Platt’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jo Platt’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jo Platt has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 May 2018
Today in my constituency of Leigh, NHS workers are on strike—I am sure that the Prime Minister would like to wish them well. The strike is due to the move of more than 800 staff into a wholly owned subsidiary—a direct result of NHS underfunding. In the wake of Carillion, why is the Prime Minister allowing back-door privatisation, which has little or no public support, instead of...
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, pursuant to the Answer of 17 May 2018 to Question 143877, when last his Department reviewed the adequacy of the current approach to pupils with hyperactivity.
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, pursuant to the Answer of 16 May 2018 to Question 143241, whether Shared Prosperity Fund will be operational on 30 March 2019.
More of Jo Platt’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Leigh
Entered the House of Commons on 9 June 2017 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department for Exiting the European Union
- Department for Education
- Department for Transport
- Department of Health
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- GP at Hand
- Apprentices: Taxation
- Department for Exiting the European Union: Brexit
- Railways: Leigh
Currently held offices
- Member, Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee (since 11 Dec 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (4 Dec 2017 to 11 Dec 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 40 debates since joining Parliament — average amongst MPs. See all Jo Platt’s speeches
- Has received answers to 221 written questions since joining Parliament — well above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 84.18% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 30 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jo Platt’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 24 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 14 May 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
Until 4 September 2017
, Councillor, Wigan Council, 1 Library Street, Wigan WN1 1NZ. (Updated 05 September 2017)
20 June 2017
, received £1,025.08. Hours: approx. 45 hrs since my election. (Registered 06 July 2017)
20 July 2017, received £1,025.08. Hours: 45 hrs. (Registered 01 August 2017
20 August 2017, received £1,025.08. Hours: 45 hrs. (Registered 05 September 2017)
20 September 2017, received £136.68. Hours: 10 hrs. (Registered 06 October 2017
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Unite the Union
Address of donor: 128 Theobalds Road, London WC1X 8TN
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 06 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from