My constituents in North Hykeham deal with some of the worst traffic congestion in the country, and they tell me that completing Lincoln’s bypass would make a huge difference to their lives. Can my right hon. Friend the Prime Minister confirm that his Government will support the building of this bypass?
The question before us today is: do we want a general election? Do the public want a general election and do the politicians want a general election? I do not think that anybody wants a general election. If we have an election in December, it will be the third time in three years that my electorate have been asked for their vote, and I hope that they give the same answer this time. But what...
The point I was trying to make is that the Government have tried every avenue to deliver Brexit, but this Parliament and this Opposition have done everything they can to stop it.
More of Dr Caroline Johnson’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Sleaford and North Hykeham
Entered the House of Commons on 8 December 2016 — Byelection
Left the House of Commons on 6 November 2019 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
- Attorney General
- Home Office
- Ministry of Justice
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Housing: Construction
- Hare Coursing: Fines
- Antisocial Behaviour
- Hare Coursing: Convictions
- Livestock: Waste Disposal
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Health and Social Care Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 20 Feb 2018)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 65 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Dr Caroline Johnson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 92.01% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 62 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 84 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Nov 2019.
1. Employment and earnings
I am employed on a flexible contract as a consultant paediatrician by North West Anglia NHS
Foundation Trust, Peterborough City Hospital, Bretton Gate, Bretton, PE3 9GZ. Until further notice, I will receive an annual salary of £17,273.80. Hours: 336 hrs a year. (Registered 09 January 2017; updated 27 April 2017 and 06 July 2017)
Name of donor: Save the Children
Address of donor: 1 St John
’s Lane, London EC1M 4AR
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): International flights £750; accommodation £540; food £50; total value £1,340
Destination of visit: United Nations, New York
Dates of visit: 15–17 July 2019
Purpose of visit: Visit the UN
to understand the UK’s global influence.
(Registered 02 September 2019)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
House in Lincolnshire, owned jointly with my husband: (i). (Registered 09 January 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)