The Under-Secretary of State says that there will be electric trains going out of Swansea, but there will not be an electrified line. When will he get on with electrifying the line from Cardiff to Swansea, ensuring additional infrastructure investment for the Valleys line, including my line at Ogmore?
To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what assessment he has made of the effect of the cessation of the e-bluey system on the families of armed service personnel.
The hon. Gentleman speaks about this issue with great authority and passion for his constituents and people across the UK. My constituent Sarah Morgan recently discovered that she had two different CIGA guarantees for her property—one with a clause detailing the homeowner’s responsibility for property maintenance and one without. Does the hon. Gentleman agree that that subtle...
More of Chris Elmore’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Ogmore
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2016 — Byelection
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Chris Elmore campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- HM Treasury
- Department for Transport
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- South Wales Railway Line: Electrification
- Administration Of Justice: Pregnancy
- New Businesses: Loans
- State Retirement Pensions: Females
- Cider: Excise Duties
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Procedure Committee (28 Feb 2017 to 3 May 2017)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (18 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (18 Jul 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Justice Committee (13 Jun 2016 to 31 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 59 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Chris Elmore’s speeches
- Has received answers to 57 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Has voted in 69.12% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 11 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 28 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from Vale of Glamorgan County Borough Council, Civic Offices, Holton Rd, Barry CF63 4RU, for my role as a councillor representing the Castleland Ward and as Cabinet
Member for children's services and schools before my election. (Registered 14 June 2016
15 May 2016
, received £2,416.67. Hours: none since the Election. (Registered 14 June 2016)
15 June 2016, received final payment of £179.83. Hours: none since the Election. (Registered 13 July 2016
Minor interest in a house in Caerphilly County Borough area owned by two members of my family. (Registered 06 June 2016)
I am the County Borough Councillor for Castleland Ward, Barry in the Vale of Glamorgan Council. I receive no allowance for this role. (Registered 06 June 2016)
I am the unpaid Chair of Barry YMCA
Board of Management. (Registered 06 June 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from