There are currently votes on relevant topics that are not included in the summaries below. We are working on bringing these records up to date over the next few months.
As a result of COVID-19, some MPs were less able to vote in Parliament in certain periods, and this will be reflected by absences in their voting record.
Show more detail
- 11th May to 2nd June 2020
All MPs could vote remotely through an online voting tool. Votes cast remotely are shown as normal on the TheyWorkForYou voting record.
- 2nd to 9th June 2020
The option of online voting was removed, and a number of MPs may have been unable to vote because they were not physically able to attend.
- 10th June 2020 onwards
The requirements on proxy voting were relaxed, allowing MPs to designate another MP to cast a vote on their behalf.
If an MP votes by proxy, it is effectively exactly the same as if they cast the vote in person and it shows up on their TheyWorkForYou voting record.
MPs are not required to designate a proxy, and may instead pair with an opposing MP to miss a vote. Parliament does not record when two MPs have come to a pairing arrangement, so on TheyWorkForYou, they will both appear to have been absent for the vote.
We will update this information if the situation changes. See more detail on votes during the COVID-19 period here.
Chris Elmore’s voting in Parliament
Chris Elmore is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a random selection of Chris Elmore’s votes.
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 2 votes against, between 2016–2020.
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
1 vote for, 4 votes against, in 2020.
Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2016–2020.
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
53 votes for, 10 votes against, 16 absences, between 2017–2020.
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, 2 absences, between 2016–2021.
Almost always voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, 1 absence, between 2017–2021.
Last updated: 25 Jan 2021.
Learn more about our voting records and what they mean.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Chris Elmore’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Chris Elmore’s full vote analysis page for more.
Chris Elmore has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what estimate he has made of the number of schools in England that do not have access to gigabit broadband.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, when his Department plans to implement the Connect the Classroom pilot project.
To ask the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, what her policy is on the Government's vision for the creative industries; and if she will make a statement.
More of Chris Elmore’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Ogmore
Entered the House of Commons on 6 May 2016 — Byelection
Topics of interest
Chris Elmore campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Digital
- Media and Sport
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Transport
- Home Office
- Universal Credit
- Internet: Safety
- Buildings: Insulation
- Broadband: Schools
Currently held offices
- Member, National Security Bill Committee (since 29 Jun 2022)
- Member, Public Order Bill Committee (since 25 May 2022)
- Member, Product Security and Telecommunications Infrastructure Bill Committee (since 2 Mar 2022)
- Member, Welsh Grand Committee (since 18 Jan 2022)
- Shadow Minister (Digital, Culture, Media and Sport) (since 4 Dec 2021)
- Member, Committee of Selection (since 25 May 2021)
- Member, Procedure Committee (since 2 Mar 2020)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (since 18 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee of Privileges (13 May 2020 to 9 Sep 2021)
- Member, Committee on Standards (13 May 2020 to 9 Sep 2021)
- Shadow Minister (Scotland) (10 Apr 2020 to 4 Dec 2021)
- Member, Consolidation, &c., Bills (Joint Committee) (9 Mar 2020 to 6 Jul 2020)
- Member, Foreign Affairs Committee (2 Mar 2020 to 11 May 2020)
- Member, Consolidation, &c., Bills (Joint Committee) (6 Nov 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Procedure Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Procedure Committee (28 Feb 2017 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (18 Jul 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Justice Committee (13 Jun 2016 to 31 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 8 Aug 2022.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Channel 4
Address of donor: 124 Horseferry Road, London SW1P 2TX
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: A ticket to the BAFTAs, value £1,200
Date received: 13 March 2022
Date accepted: 13 March 2022
Donor status: company, registration 01533774
(Registered 22 March 2022)
Name of donor: Channel 4 (Broadcaster)
Address of donor: Channel 4, 124 Horseferry Road London SW1P 2TX
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: One ticket to the TV BAFTAs
, value £772
Date received: 8 May 2022
Date accepted: 8 May 2022
Donor status: company, registration 01533774
(Registered 11 May 2022)
Minor interest in a house in Caerphilly County Borough area owned by two members of my family. (Registered 06 June 2016)
Unpaid member of the Barry YMCA
Board of Management. (Registered 6 June 2016; updated 01 March 2021)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)