Jim McMahon’s voting in Parliament
Jim McMahon is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
This is a selection of Jim McMahon’s votes.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jim McMahon’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jim McMahon’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jim McMahon has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 4 Dec 2017
Access to finance is critical for small businesses, but the protection in place when things go wrong is non-existent. Do the Government agree, and will they look at extending the role and remit of the Financial Conduct Authority in that regard?
What are the Government doing to address the reported 61% fall in apprenticeship starts since the introduction of the apprenticeship levy?
I wrote to the Government in October to ask about the impact of the closure of Oldham magistrates court and county court, but they said they do not collect data on non-attendance. How on earth can the Government know about the impact of closures if they do not collect that data?
More of Jim McMahon’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for Oldham West and Royton
Entered the House of Commons on 4 December 2015 — Byelection
Party was Labour until 3 May 2017
Topics of interest
Jim McMahon campaigned to remain in the European Union
- HM Treasury
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Education
- Cabinet Office
- Department of Health
- Local Government Finance
- Local Government: Devolution
- Public Sector: Oldham
- Revenue and Customs: Greater Manchester
- National Insurance
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Communities and Local Government) (Devolution) (since 9 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (7 Mar 2016 to 31 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 46 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Jim McMahon’s speeches
- Has received answers to 93 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.04% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 27 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jim McMahon’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 72 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Dec 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Unite the Union
Address of donor: 128 Theobalds Road, Holborn, London WC1X 8TN
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £6,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 03 July 2017
Name of donor: GMB
Address of donor: 22 Stephensons Way, Euston, London NW1 2HD
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,200
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 03 July 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Until 3 January 2017
, O'Rourke's (UK
) Ltd; a coffee shop of which I was an unpaid director. Company now dissolved. (Registered 08 January 2016; updated 09 January 2017)
Until 31 December 2016
, Councillor and Leader of Oldham Council
. I received no allowance after 15 January 2016. (Registered 08 January 2016; updated 09 January 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from