A selection of Amanda Solloway's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
Consistently voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
22 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Generally voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Generally voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, in 2016
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Amanda Solloway’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Amanda Solloway’s full vote analysis page for more.
Pictures have recently emerged of people on the streets of Derby city centre that reveal the shocking effect of Black Mamba and the zombie-like state the drug can induce. The police in Derby have been very proactive in taking a stance on this matter, but can the Secretary of State assure me that everything is being done to tackle the availability and use of this type of drug?
In Derby we are looking at alternative methods of helping those people who are sleeping rough, including an app that will direct funds to agencies such as the Padley Centre. Does my right hon. Friend the Secretary of State agree that such initiatives can help tackle the issues of rough sleeping?
I was pleased to see the Government commit to new funding for emergency care in the Budget. As the MP for Derby North, a constituency particularly affected by poor air quality, I am concerned that respiratory admissions to A&E have risen at twice the rate of general admissions over the past five years. What steps is the Department taking to address this issue?
More of Amanda Solloway’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Derby North
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Amanda Solloway campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Education
- Department of Health
- Home Office
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Mental Health Services: Children
- Midland Main Railway Line: Electrification
- Mental Health Services: Derby North
- Females: Education
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee (17 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Education, Skills and the Economy Sub-Committee (1 Dec 2015 to 14 Jun 2016)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (9 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (28 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 17 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Amanda Solloway’s speeches
- Has received answers to 29 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 90.79% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 50 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 28 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
7 May 2015
, consultancy with BMB
Group, Granary Building, Canal Wharf, Leeds LS11 5BD. (Registered 07 June 2015
1 September 2016
, received £900 plus expenses. Hours: 12 hrs. (Registered 28 September 2016)
8 September 2016, received £337.50 plus expenses. Hours: 4.5 hrs. (Registered 28 September 2016)
6 October 2016
, received £562.50 plus expenses. Hours: 7.5 hrs. (Registered 10 October 2016)
17 November 2016
, received £1,800 plus expenses. Hours: 24 hrs. (Registered 21 November 2016)
5 January 2017
, received £750 plus travel expenses. Hours: 10 hrs. (Registered 09 January 2017)
28 February 2017, received £1,125 plus travel expenses. Hours: 15 hrs. (Registered 06 March 2017)
28 March 2017, receive £1,125 plus travel expenses. Hours: 15 hrs. (Registered 18 April 2017
1 October 2016, received £252.59 from Informa, Sheepen Place, Colchester CO3 3LP, as royalties for a book. Hours: none since my election. (Registered 05 December 2016
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my daughter, Bethan Eddy, as Office Manager
. (Registered 19 July 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from