Amanda Solloway’s voting in Parliament
Amanda Solloway is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Amanda Solloway sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Amanda Solloway consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Amanda Solloway’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Amanda Solloway’s full vote analysis page for more.
Amanda Solloway has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
I was pleased to see the Government commit to new funding for emergency care in the Budget. As the MP for Derby North, a constituency particularly affected by poor air quality, I am concerned that respiratory admissions to A&E have risen at twice the rate of general admissions over the past five years. What steps is the Department taking to address this issue?
It is a great pleasure to speak in this debate, and I intend to focus on part 1, too. As stated in clause 1, we should aim to “protect the public…reform and rehabilitate offenders…prepare prisoners for life outside prison, and…maintain an environment that is safe and secure.” I am pleased to sit on the Joint Committee on Human Rights under the excellent...
I thank my hon. Friend for her comments. I am about to make some further suggestions. I have heard accounts of returners walking through the doors, winking at the officers. and saying, “Ay up guv, it’s me again.” However, I have also heard harrowing stories of prisoners with mental health issues and learning disabilities who had absolutely no idea why they were there. Of...
More of Amanda Solloway’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Derby North
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Amanda Solloway campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Education
- Department of Health
- Home Office
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Mental Health Services: Children
- Midland Main Railway Line: Electrification
- Mental Health Services: Derby North
- Females: Education
Currently held offices
- Member, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee (since 17 Oct 2016)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (since 9 Nov 2015)
- Member, Human Rights (Joint Committee) (since 28 Oct 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Education, Skills and the Economy Sub-Committee (1 Dec 2015 to 14 Jun 2016)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 17 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 33 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Amanda Solloway’s speeches
- Has received answers to 29 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 90.63% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 76 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Amanda Solloway’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 27 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Mar 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
7 May 2015
, consultancy with BMB
Group, Granary Building, Canal Wharf, Leeds LS11 5BD. (Registered 07 June 2015
1 September 2016
, received £900 plus expenses. Hours: 12 hrs. (Registered 28 September 2016)
8 September 2016, received £337.50 plus expenses. Hours: 4.5 hrs. (Registered 28 September 2016)
6 October 2016
, received £562.50 plus expenses. Hours: 7.5 hrs. (Registered 10 October 2016)
17 November 2016
, received £1,800 plus expenses. Hours: 24 hrs. (Registered 21 November 2016)
5 January 2017
, received £750 plus travel expenses. Hours: 10 hrs. (Registered 09 January 2017)
28 February 2017, received £1,125 plus travel expenses. Hours: 15 hrs. (Registered 06 March 2017)
1 October 2016, received £252.59 from Informa, Sheepen Place, Colchester CO3 3LP, as royalties for a book. Hours: none since my election. (Registered 05 December 2016
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my daughter, Bethan Eddy, as Office Manager
. (Registered 19 July 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from