Ruth Smeeth campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Ruth Smeeth’s voting in Parliament
Ruth Smeeth is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Ruth Smeeth sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Ruth Smeeth generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Ruth Smeeth’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Ruth Smeeth’s full vote analysis page for more.
Ruth Smeeth has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Children across the country returned to school last week. Research from the Association of Teachers and Lecturers trade union suggests that a quarter of them were potentially malnourished because free schools meals were not available during the school holidays. That is heart-breaking, but we still do not know the scale of the problem because no proper research has been carried out. May we...
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what assessment he has made of the effect on accident and emergency services waiting times of homeless people being unable to access GP services.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what measures are in place to monitor the ability of homeless people to access GP services.
More of Ruth Smeeth’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Stoke-on-Trent North
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Office
- Department for Transport
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Department of Health
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre: Vacancies
- Video on Demand
- General Practitioners: Homelessness
- National Crime Agency
Currently held offices
- Member, Defence Sub-Committee (since 8 Sep 2015)
- Member, Defence Committee (since 6 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Armed Forces Bill Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 24 Nov 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 34 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Ruth Smeeth’s speeches
- Has received answers to 57 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 64.58% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 43 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Ruth Smeeth’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 23 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from