Holly Lynch’s voting in Parliament
Holly Lynch is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Holly Lynch sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Holly Lynch generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Holly Lynch’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Holly Lynch’s full vote analysis page for more.
Holly Lynch has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, how much additional funding her Department would require in order to ensure that no school saw a cut in its budget for 2017-18 as part of the Schools National Funding Formula.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, how much central government funding from the revenue support grant Calderdale Council has received in each of the last seven years.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if he will commission a national alert system on security-related issues and individuals who may post a significant present or potential threat to NHS staff, NHS service providers and NHS property assets.
More of Holly Lynch’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Halifax
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Holly Lynch campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Home Office
- Department for Education
- Department of Health
- Ministry of Justice
- European Union Solidarity Fund
- Schools: Admissions
- Personal Independence Payment
- Betting Shops: Staff
- Calder Valley Railway Line
Currently held offices
- Member, Women and Equalities Committee (since 28 Feb 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Procedure Committee (1 Feb 2016 to 28 Feb 2017)
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (18 Sep 2015 to 9 Oct 2016)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Holly Lynch’s speeches
- Has received answers to 56 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 70.24% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 60 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Holly Lynch’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 42 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Apr 2017.
Name of donor: European Parliamentary Forum on Population and Development
Address of donor: 23 Rue Montoyer, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights and accommodation £1,350; other travel £36; per diem £180; misc. expenditure £575; total value £2,141
Destination of visit: El Salvador and Guatemala
Dates of visit: 21-28 January 2017
Purpose of visit: Study tour looking at issues around access to reproductive healthcare services in Guatemala and El Salvador.
(Registered 14 February 2017
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from