Rachael Maskell’s voting in Parliament
Rachael Maskell is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
However, Rachael Maskell sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Rachael Maskell generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour/Co-operative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Rachael Maskell generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour/Co-operative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Rachael Maskell’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Rachael Maskell’s full vote analysis page for more.
Rachael Maskell has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, how long the process takes for customers re-applying for a driving licence following a temporary removal due to a medical condition; and whether he has set a standard response time for that process.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what the average time taken has been for the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency to process a re-application for a driving licence which has been suspended on medical grounds in each of the last seven years.
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Mr Bailey, in this crucial debate. We have seen the passion presented by all hon. Members on the challenges that their constituents face not just day by day, but week by week, month by month and year by year. The sheer dissatisfaction, frustration and misery that commuters have had to put up with for such a long time shows that resolution is...
More of Rachael Maskell’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for York Central
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Rachael Maskell campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Ministry of Defence
- Department of Health
- Department for Education
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Flood Control
- Military Bases: York
- Floods: Insurance
- Agriculture: Subsidies
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Transport) (since 3 Jul 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (27 Jun 2016 to 1 Feb 2017)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (28 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (18 Sep 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Member, Health Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 64 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Rachael Maskell’s speeches
- Has received answers to 211 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 88.89% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 121 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Rachael Maskell’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 119 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from