Rachael Maskell’s voting in Parliament
Rachael Maskell is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
However, Rachael Maskell sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Rachael Maskell generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour/Co-operative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Rachael Maskell generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour/Co-operative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Rachael Maskell’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Rachael Maskell’s full vote analysis page for more.
Rachael Maskell has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
Will the hon. Gentleman give way?
Is that not even more perverse, given that the badger population is responsible for only about 5.7% of the spread of TB in any form whatsoever? Investing that money in other biosecurity measures would surely be far better value, let alone more moral.
TB is also spread by the spreading of slurry on fields. That is not tested, so other measures could be taken. Badgers and cows do not share the same space at the same time. Further research is really needed in that area to prove whether even 5.7% of the disease is spread via badgers.
More of Rachael Maskell’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for York Central
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Rachael Maskell campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Ministry of Defence
- Department of Health
- Department for Education
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Flood Control
- Agriculture: Subsidies
- Floods: Insurance
- Defence Fire and Rescue Service: Pay
Currently held offices
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (since 28 Oct 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (27 Jun 2016 to 1 Feb 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (18 Sep 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Member, Health Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 57 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Rachael Maskell’s speeches
- Has received answers to 153 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 80.04% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 125 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Rachael Maskell’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 101 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from