Rachael Maskell’s voting in Parliament
Rachael Maskell is a Labour/Co-operative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour/Co-operative MPs.
However, Rachael Maskell sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Rachael Maskell voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour/Co-operative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Rachael Maskell’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Rachael Maskell’s full vote analysis page for more.
Rachael Maskell has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
It is good to see you in the Chair, Mr Wilson. I thank my hon. Friend the Member for Hartlepool (Mike Hill) for introducing the debate, and I also thank those constituents of mine who have written to me and encouraged me to attend it. York is home to Britain’s second oldest racecourse—it was established in 1731—and on Saturday I had a behind-the-scenes tour and saw all that...
I thank my hon. Friend for his observation. I trust that the Minister will respond to that particular point. Many organisations are doing phenomenal work to oversee the welfare of retired racehorses. In Yorkshire, the charity New Beginnings has been registered in the past few years. It relaxes and settles horses before retraining them for a further career, domestic purposes or other uses. I...
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many Windrush generation cases remain outstanding; and what the timeframe is for those cases to be concluded.
More of Rachael Maskell’s recent appearances
Labour/Co-operative MP for York Central
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Rachael Maskell campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Ministry of Defence
- Department of Health
- Department for Education
- Home Office
- Flood Control
- Military Bases: York
- Gamecock Barracks
- Air Pollution
Currently held offices
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (since 31 Oct 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Transport) (since 3 Jul 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (27 Jun 2016 to 1 Feb 2017)
- Member, Ecclesiastical Committee (Joint Committee) (28 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow Minister (Defence) (18 Sep 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Member, Health and Social Care Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 158 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Rachael Maskell’s speeches
- Has received answers to 127 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 83.33% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 113 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Rachael Maskell’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 215 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from