Cat Smith’s voting in Parliament
Cat Smith is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Cat Smith sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Cat Smith generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Cat Smith’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Cat Smith’s full vote analysis page for more.
Cat Smith has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many people have purchased the Proof of Age Standards scheme card since its launch in 2000.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what recent assessment she has made of the effectiveness of the Proof of Age Standards Scheme.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, when the Government plans to next review restrictions related to blood donation (a) in general and (b) on the deferral criterion for people classified as men who have sex with men.
More of Cat Smith’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Lancaster and Fleetwood
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Cat Smith campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Cabinet Office
- Department for Transport
- Department for Education
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Prisoners: Gender Recognition
- Electoral Register
- Post Offices: Franchises
- Railways: Lancashire
Currently held offices
- Shadow Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (since 1 Nov 2016)
- Shadow Minister for Voter Engagement and Youth Affairs (since 27 Jun 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Junior Shadow Minister for Women and Equalities (18 Sep 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Member, Women and Equalities Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 36 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Cat Smith’s speeches
- Has received answers to 121 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 74.52% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 127 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Cat Smith’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 42 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Apr 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Payment from Ipsos MORI
, 3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW, for completing surveys:
7 February 2017, payment of £200. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 16 February 2017)
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Glastonbury Festivals
Address of donor: Northload Street, Glastonbury BA6 9JJ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: two tickets for Glastonbury 2016
, where I gave a talk, value £466
Date received: 20 June 2016
Date accepted: 20 June 2016
Donor status: company, registration 02737866
(Registered 29 June 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from