Cat Smith’s voting in Parliament
Cat Smith is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Cat Smith sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Cat Smith generally voted for measures to reduce tax avoidance, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Cat Smith’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Cat Smith’s full vote analysis page for more.
Cat Smith has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Dec 2018
It is a pleasure to be back in the House and to be speaking because, as is quite topical in this discussion, I have just returned from six months away from this place to spend time with my new baby, Eli, who is up in the Public Gallery with my husband, Eli’s dad, Ben. I just want to thank the Government for honouring the pairing arrangements that they gave me during my six months’ leave....
My hon. Friend is making an excellent speech. Recently, I met principals from the Lancashire Colleges network, including the principals of Blackpool and the Fylde College and of Lancaster and Morecambe College. The point they really emphasised to me is that this situation goes beyond subject provision. Further education colleges are absolutely on the frontline of supporting young people...
More of Cat Smith’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Lancaster and Fleetwood
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Cat Smith campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Cabinet Office
- Department for Digital
- Media and Sport
- Department of Health
- Department for Transport
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Electoral Register
- Local Government: Elections
- Voluntary Work: Young People
- Commonwealth: Young People
- Elections: Campaigns
Currently held offices
- Shadow Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (since 1 Nov 2016)
- Shadow Minister for Voter Engagement and Youth Affairs (since 27 Jun 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Junior Shadow Minister for Women and Equalities (18 Sep 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Member, Women and Equalities Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 17 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Cat Smith’s speeches
- Has received answers to 242 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 62.05% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 128 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Cat Smith’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 68 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)