Cat Smith’s voting in Parliament
Cat Smith is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Cat Smith’s votes.
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
26 votes for, 9 votes against, 12 absences, between 2017–2018
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016
Voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system
Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs
We have lots more plain English analysis of Cat Smith’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Cat Smith’s full vote analysis page for more.
Cat Smith has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Jun 2018
To ask the Minister for the Cabinet Office, whether the Government has an agreed definition of joint spending in relation to campaign spending for elections and referendums.
To ask the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, pursuant to the Answer of 23 April 2018 to Question 135849 on National Citizen Service Trust, whether around £9,781,587 has been written off by the Government for places that were not filled in 2016 for the National Citizen Service.
To ask the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, pursuant to the Answer of 23 April 2018 to Question 135849, whether a delivery partner of the National Citizen Service programme is permitted to profit from their service delivery contracts.
More of Cat Smith’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Lancaster and Fleetwood
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Cat Smith campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Cabinet Office
- Department for Digital
- Media and Sport
- Department of Health
- Department for Transport
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Electoral Register
- Local Government: Elections
- Voluntary Work: Young People
- Commonwealth: Young People
Currently held offices
- Shadow Deputy Leader of the House of Commons (since 1 Nov 2016)
- Shadow Minister for Voter Engagement and Youth Affairs (since 27 Jun 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Junior Shadow Minister for Women and Equalities (18 Sep 2015 to 27 Jun 2016)
- Member, Women and Equalities Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Cat Smith’s speeches
- Has received answers to 325 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 71.55% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 130 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Cat Smith’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 67 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 16 Jul 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
Payment from Ipsos MORI
, 3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW, for completing surveys:
1 August 2017
, received £200. Hours: approx. 1 hr. (Registered 21 August 2017)
29 September 2017
, received £150 from ComRes, Four Millbank, London SW1P 3JA, for completing a survey. Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 09 October 2017
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Unite the Union
Address of donor: 128 Theobald's Road, London WC1X 9TN
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £10,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 07 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from