Andrea Jenkyns’s voting in Parliament
Andrea Jenkyns is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Andrea Jenkyns sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Andrea Jenkyns voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Andrea Jenkyns voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Andrea Jenkyns’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Andrea Jenkyns’s full vote analysis page for more.
Andrea Jenkyns has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 18 Jul 2018
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, what plans the Government has to secure payments to subcontractors and suppliers owed money for work undertaken for Carillion prior to its liquidation; and whether he has made an assessment of the potential merits of amending the Insolvency Act 1986 to protect small and medium-sized enterprises.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, what (a) guidance and (b) support on (i) diet, (ii) exercise and (iii) other means of recovery is offered to patients who have suffered kidney failure.
What recent discussions she has had with Cabinet colleagues on the potential effect on the UK of the Northern Ireland backstop proposal.
More of Andrea Jenkyns’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Morley and Outwood
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Andrea Jenkyns campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for Education
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Students: Loans
- Health Services
- Dense Deposit Disease: Eculizumab
- Blood: Contamination
Currently held offices
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (since 21 Feb 2018)
- Member, Committee on Exiting the European Union (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee on Exiting the European Union (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Health and Social Care Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Andrea Jenkyns’s speeches
- Has received answers to 23 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 60.67% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 73 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andrea Jenkyns’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 37 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Sep 2018.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Hugh Sloane
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,138.17 to pay for a campaign manager in the constituency from 16 July 2018 to 3 September 2018.
Date received: 3 September 2018
Date accepted: 3 September 2018
Donor status: individual
(Registered 06 September 2018)
Name of donor: Malaria No More
Address of donor: The Foundry, 17 Oval Way, London SE11 5RR
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights, food, accommodation, total value £1,600.57
Destination of visit: Kenya
Dates of visit: 24 -28 July 2018
Purpose of visit: insight into the impact of malaria on local communities and the challenges of fighting malaria in a high-burden country.
(Registered 10 August 2018
On 10 May 2018, I was a guest of the Embassy of the Kingdom of Bahrain at the Royal Windsor Horse Show
. The estimated value of this hospitality was below registrable level. (Registered 24 May 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from