Andrea Jenkyns’s voting in Parliament
Andrea Jenkyns is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Andrea Jenkyns sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Andrea Jenkyns consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Andrea Jenkyns consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Andrea Jenkyns’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Andrea Jenkyns’s full vote analysis page for more.
Andrea Jenkyns has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what progress his Department has made on implementing his Department's policy to publish a hand hygiene indicator for NHS Trusts; and whether he plans to include publication of such an indicator in the forthcoming draft Patient Safety Bill.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, with reference to the blood contamination scandal, what the distinction is between (a) compassionate ex-gratia payments and (b) compensation.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what steps his Department is taking to support communities that wish to create a Business Improvement District; and what (a) financial support and (b) advice is available to such communities on initial start-up costs.
More of Andrea Jenkyns’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Morley and Outwood
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Andrea Jenkyns campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for Education
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Students: Loans
- Health Services
- Dense Deposit Disease: Eculizumab
- Schools: Immigrants
- Hospitals: Hygiene
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Committee on Exiting the European Union (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Health Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 11 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Andrea Jenkyns’s speeches
- Has received answers to 34 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 66.67% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 66 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Andrea Jenkyns’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 27 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Mustafa Mohammed
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Ticket for the Conservative Summer Ball, value £1,500
Date received: 29 June 2016
Date accepted: 29 June 2016
Donor status: individual
(Registered 27 July 2016
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: HM Government of Gibraltar
Address of donor: Gibraltar House, 150 Strand, London, WC2R 1JA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): for myself and a family member,
flights £586 and shared accommodation £510, total value £1,096
Destination of visit: Gibraltar
Dates of visit: 8-11 September 2016
Purpose of visit: Gibraltar APPG
– post Brexit discussion.
(Registered 07 October 2016
Name of donor: Taipei Representative Office
in the UK
Address of donor: 50 Grosvenor Gardens, London, SW1W OEB
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flight, hotel and accommodation with an estimated value of £3,880
Destination of visit: Taiwan
Dates of visit: 25 September – 2 October 2016
Purpose of visit: To understand Taiwan's political system, its healthcare system and learn about post-Brexit opportunities for trade.
(Registered 14 October 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from