Kelly Tolhurst’s voting in Parliament
Kelly Tolhurst is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Kelly Tolhurst sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Kelly Tolhurst voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Kelly Tolhurst voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kelly Tolhurst’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kelly Tolhurst’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kelly Tolhurst has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
In March, we published the first Government-backed code of practice on recalls, and we have trained almost 300 trading standards professionals on its use. The Office for Product Safety and Standards is working with UK manufacturers and importers to ensure that their recall plans and processes are adequate.
I thank the hon. Lady for her question, and I understand her particular interest in this area. She is the chair of the all-party parliamentary group on home electrical safety, which I look forward to meeting at the end of the month. With particular regard to online traders, we need to ensure consumer confidence. Amazon and eBay already have primary authority partnerships with trading...
I thank my hon. Friend for his question, and I absolutely agree. Consumer product safety is a key part of our industrial strategy. The Government are determined to maintain a strong safety regime, and consumers can be confident that consumer protections already based in EU law will be retained. We want robust systems that identify unsafe products, share information and make sure that the...
More of Kelly Tolhurst’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Rochester and Strood
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Kelly Tolhurst campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Transport
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Education
- HM Treasury
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Housing: Environment Protection
- Railways: Repairs and Maintenance
- Energy: Meters
- Schools: Admissions
Currently held offices
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (since 19 Jul 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (9 Jan 2018 to 19 Jul 2018)
- Member, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee (17 Oct 2016 to 13 Mar 2017)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (15 Jul 2015 to 7 Nov 2016)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 17 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 28 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Kelly Tolhurst’s speeches
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 94.58% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 78 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Kelly Tolhurst’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 55 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 1 Oct 2018.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: ITV
Address of donor: The London Television Centre, Upper Ground, London SE1 9LT
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: ticket to the National Television Awards
, including food and drink, value £1,075
Date received: 23 January 2018
Date accepted: 23 January 2018
Donor status: company, registration 4967001
(Registered 25 January 2018)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Skipper UK Ltd, a marine paint distributors and marine surveyors company (see category 8 below). (Registered 03 June 2015
Unremunerated director at Skipper UK Ltd. (Registered 03 June 2015)
Unremunerated contact supervisor/independent visitor to looked after children (LAC
) for SFS
Northfleet, a fostering charity. (Registered 03 June 2015)
Councillor, Rochester West Medway Council. Since my election to Parliament I draw no allowances. (Registered 23 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from