Kelly Tolhurst’s voting in Parliament
Kelly Tolhurst is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Kelly Tolhurst sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Kelly Tolhurst consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Kelly Tolhurst consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kelly Tolhurst’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kelly Tolhurst’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kelly Tolhurst has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
It is a pleasure to follow the hon. Member for Penistone and Stocksbridge (Angela Smith), and I may refer to one of her comments later. As she knows, I very much respect her, having worked with her in the Council of Europe. I would like to congratulate the hon. Member for Battersea (Marsha De Cordova) on her maiden speech. Well done to her! I would also very much like to congratulate my...
No, I want to make some progress. I am surprised that the Opposition are complaining about the amount of time they have had to debate issues that are important to them. Since the election, we have had six days of debate on the Queen’s Speech, which many Opposition Members took part in. They had an opportunity to have their say in those debates. We have also had numerous urgent questions...
It is the issue of Brexit: the laws that will come through and the intricacies of what will happen when we leave the European Union. Really, I think the Opposition should get over themselves a bit. As many of my hon. Friends have pointed out, 20 Opposition day debates have been put aside, which will give Labour 17 to take part in. I look forward to joining in those debates when they...
More of Kelly Tolhurst’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Rochester and Strood
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Kelly Tolhurst campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Transport
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Education
- HM Treasury
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Housing: Environment Protection
- Railways: Repairs and Maintenance
- Energy: Meters
- Schools: Admissions
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee (17 Oct 2016 to 13 Mar 2017)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (15 Jul 2015 to 7 Nov 2016)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 17 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 31 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Kelly Tolhurst’s speeches
- Has received answers to 20 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 74 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Kelly Tolhurst’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 34 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Ltd, a marine paint distributors and marine surveyors company (see category 8 below). (Registered 03 June 2015
Unremunerated director at Skipper UK Ltd. (Registered 03 June 2015)
Unremunerated contact supervisor/independent visitor to looked after children (LAC
) for SFS
Northfleet, a fostering charity. (Registered 03 June 2015)
Councillor, Rochester West Medway Council. Since my election to Parliament I draw no allowances. (Registered 23 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from