Kelly Tolhurst’s voting in Parliament
Kelly Tolhurst is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a random selection of Kelly Tolhurst’s votes.
Generally voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
1 vote for, 10 votes against, 3 absences, between 2016–2022.
Generally voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, between 2016–2021.
Consistently voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016.
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2016.
Voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016.
Voted a mixture of for and against increasing the rate of VAT Show votes
2 votes for, 4 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2022.
Last updated: 18 May 2022.
Learn more about our voting records and what they mean.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kelly Tolhurst’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kelly Tolhurst’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kelly Tolhurst has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Business banking and undesignated client accounts – Kelly Tolhurst.
Constituents and businesses are being impacted by illegal car racing and meets. The Labour council is dragging its heels on implementing a public spaces protection order and Kent police have been working hard to tackle it, but resources are precious. Will my right hon. and learned Friend look at how Kent police are funded? They are having to deal with increasing activity in this area and,...
I welcome the work of my right hon. Friend the Secretary of State in this area. Despite what has been said today, we have to recognise that this is the first Government to take the bull by the horns and actually do something about illegally discharged sewage, which has been happening for decades. I have witnessed it myself. I have recently been speaking to Southern Water about a river that my...
More of Kelly Tolhurst’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Rochester and Strood
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Kelly Tolhurst campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Transport
- Ministry of Housing
- Communities and Local Government
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Home Office
- Ports: Competition
- Ports: Fees and Charges
- Housing: Insulation
- Shipping: Taxation
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Finance (No. 2) Bill Committee (10 May 2023 to 18 May 2023)
- Member, Ballot Secrecy Bill [HL] Committee ( 1 Mar 2023 to 7 Mar 2023)
- Minister of State (Education) ( 7 Sep 2022 to 27 Oct 2022)
- Member, Committee of Selection (14 Jul 2022 to 11 Oct 2022)
- The Treasurer of HM Household ( 1 Jul 2022 to 7 Sep 2022)
- Member, Animal Welfare (Sentience) Bill [HL] Committee ( 9 Feb 2022 to 10 Feb 2022)
- Member, Dormant Assets Bill [HL] Committee (15 Dec 2021 to 11 Jan 2022)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Housing, Communities and Local Government) ( 8 Sep 2020 to 16 Jan 2021)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Transport) (13 Feb 2020 to 8 Sep 2020)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (19 Jul 2018 to 13 Feb 2020)
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) ( 9 Jan 2018 to 19 Jul 2018)
- Member, Business and Trade Committee (17 Oct 2016 to 13 Mar 2017)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (15 Jul 2015 to 7 Nov 2016)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee ( 8 Jul 2015 to 17 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 18 Sep 2023.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Businessfore
Address of donor: c/o Kerry London Ltd, Premier House, 52 London Road, Twickenham TW1 3RJ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £10,000
Donor status: unincorporated association
(Registered 27 September 2022)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Ltd, a marine paint distributors and marine surveyors company (see category 8 below). (Registered 03 June 2015)
Unremunerated director at Skipper UK Ltd. (Registered 03 June 2015)
Unpaid independent Trustee of the Chatham Maritime Trust, which looks after the former Chatham Dockyard
for the benefit of local people and the wider public. (Registered 09 April 2019)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)