Kelly Tolhurst’s voting in Parliament
Kelly Tolhurst is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Kelly Tolhurst sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Kelly Tolhurst consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Kelly Tolhurst consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kelly Tolhurst’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kelly Tolhurst’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kelly Tolhurst has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
Families with Children and Young People in Debt (Respite) Bill - 2nd reading – Kelly Tolhurst.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what recent estimate he has made of the gross value added to the economy by general aviation in the UK.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what plans he has to incentivise the use of greener fuels in general aviation.
More of Kelly Tolhurst’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Rochester and Strood
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Kelly Tolhurst campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Transport
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Education
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Housing: Environment Protection
- Railways: Repairs and Maintenance
- Energy: Meters
- Schools: Admissions
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee (17 Oct 2016 to 13 Mar 2017)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (15 Jul 2015 to 7 Nov 2016)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 17 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 36 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Kelly Tolhurst’s speeches
- Has received answers to 18 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 86.51% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 69 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Kelly Tolhurst’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 31 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Apr 2017.
Name of donor: Medical Aid for Palestinians
(which receives support from the Sir Joseph Hotung Charitable Settlement)
Address of donor: 33a Islington Park Street, London N1 1QB
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation, food and transport with a total value of £1,300
Date of visit: 4-8 April 2016
Destination: West Bank
Purpose of visit: Fact finding visit organised by the Council for Arab-British Understanding and Medical Aid for Palestinians.
(Registered 18 April 2016)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Skipper UK Ltd, a marine paint distributors and marine surveyors company (see category 8 below). (Registered 03 June 2015
Unremunerated director at Skipper UK Ltd. (Registered 03 June 2015)
Unremunerated contact supervisor/independent visitor to looked after children (LAC
) for SFS
Northfleet, a fostering charity. (Registered 03 June 2015)
Councillor, Rochester West Medway Council. Since my election to Parliament I draw no allowances. (Registered 23 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from