A selection of Kelly Tolhurst's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
5 votes for, 16 votes against, 2 absences, between 2016–2017
Consistently voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
22 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2016–2017
Consistently voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
0 votes for, 8 votes against, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted for fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kelly Tolhurst’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kelly Tolhurst’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, whether his Department plans to discuss with the Department for Communities and Local Government the co-ordination of (a) the drafting of the General Aviation Strategy document, (b) the drawing up of the National Planning Policy Framework and (c) general aviation policy.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, if he will reclassify general aviation airfields as a national infrastructure issue for which any changes require approval above local authority level.
More of Kelly Tolhurst’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Rochester and Strood
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Kelly Tolhurst campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Transport
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Education
- HM Treasury
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Housing: Environment Protection
- Railways: Repairs and Maintenance
- Energy: Meters
- Schools: Admissions
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee (17 Oct 2016 to 13 Mar 2017)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (15 Jul 2015 to 7 Nov 2016)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 17 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Kelly Tolhurst’s speeches
- Has received answers to 22 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 86.51% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 70 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 31 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Ltd, a marine paint distributors and marine surveyors company (see category 8 below). (Registered 03 June 2015
Unremunerated director at Skipper UK Ltd. (Registered 03 June 2015)
Unremunerated contact supervisor/independent visitor to looked after children (LAC
) for SFS
Northfleet, a fostering charity. (Registered 03 June 2015)
Councillor, Rochester West Medway Council. Since my election to Parliament I draw no allowances. (Registered 23 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from