Kelly Tolhurst’s voting in Parliament
Kelly Tolhurst is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Kelly Tolhurst sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Kelly Tolhurst voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Kelly Tolhurst voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Kelly Tolhurst’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Kelly Tolhurst’s full vote analysis page for more.
Kelly Tolhurst has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Dec 2018
In order to inform delivery of the Government’s Industrial Strategy, the Department regularly reviews data and assessments relating to our cities, towns and rural areas, to understand both the challenges they face and the competitive advantages they hold. Our Ageing Society Grand Challenge includes £98 million of Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund investment into a ‘healthy ageing...
There are no plans for an investigation into the safety of noticeboards, but should evidence emerge of a product safety issue, the Office for Product Safety and Standards would work with Local Authority Trading Standards to consider whether further action was required.
Several measures have been introduced across Government to support pubs, including a freeze on beer duty announced at Budget 2018. This means that the price of a typical pint of beer in 2019 will be 2p lower than it would have been had duty increased with inflation and 14p lower than it otherwise would have been since ending the beer duty escalator in 2013. Many small pubs will benefit from...
More of Kelly Tolhurst’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Rochester and Strood
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Kelly Tolhurst campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Transport
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Education
- HM Treasury
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Housing: Environment Protection
- Railways: Repairs and Maintenance
- Energy: Meters
- Schools: Admissions
Currently held offices
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy) (since 19 Jul 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (9 Jan 2018 to 19 Jul 2018)
- Member, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee (17 Oct 2016 to 13 Mar 2017)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (15 Jul 2015 to 7 Nov 2016)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 17 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 17 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Kelly Tolhurst’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.92% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 79 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Kelly Tolhurst’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 90 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 7 Jan 2019.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: ITV
Address of donor: The London Television Centre, Upper Ground, London SE1 9LT
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: ticket to the National Television Awards
, including food and drink, value £1,075
Date received: 23 January 2018
Date accepted: 23 January 2018
Donor status: company, registration 4967001
(Registered 25 January 2018)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Skipper UK Ltd, a marine paint distributors and marine surveyors company (see category 8 below). (Registered 03 June 2015)
Unremunerated director at Skipper UK Ltd. (Registered 03 June 2015)
Unremunerated contact supervisor/independent visitor to looked after children (LAC
) for SFS
Northfleet, a fostering charity. (Registered 03 June 2015)
Councillor, Rochester West Medway Council. Since my election to Parliament I draw no allowances. (Registered 23 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)