Rishi Sunak’s voting in Parliament
Rishi Sunak is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Rishi Sunak sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Rishi Sunak voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Rishi Sunak voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Rishi Sunak’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Rishi Sunak’s full vote analysis page for more.
Rishi Sunak has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Dec 2018
I met representatives from the Local Government Association on 9 January to discuss the 2019-20 provisional local government final settlement. Departmental Ministers maintain regular engagement with the Local Government Association on a range of issues.
The Government has provided a new 100 per cent business rates relief for new fibre infrastructure for a five year period from 1 April 2017 to support the roll out of new fibre broadband infrastructure and future 5G communications to homes and businesses. The relief is provided to support telecom companies as they invest in their fibre network and, therefore, is not available on existing fibre...
The Government supports Sir Greg Knight's Private Members’ Bill, the Parking (Code of Practice) Bill, which seeks to create an independent code of practice for private parking companies and a single body for parking appeals. If a parking company was to repeatedly break this code, then their access to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) data would be blocked. This data includes...
More of Rishi Sunak’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Richmond (Yorks)
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Rishi Sunak campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Ministry of Defence
- HM Treasury
- Department for Education
- Maternity Services
- Catterick Barracks
- Community Care
- Business: Government Assistance
- Schools: Vocational Guidance
Currently held offices
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (since 8 Feb 2018)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Housing, Communities and Local Government) (since 9 Jan 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 37 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Rishi Sunak’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.24% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 73 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Rishi Sunak’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 187 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)