Rishi Sunak’s voting in Parliament
Rishi Sunak is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Rishi Sunak sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Rishi Sunak consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Rishi Sunak consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Rishi Sunak’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Rishi Sunak’s full vote analysis page for more.
Rishi Sunak has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
The Chancellor will be aware that the current cost of Government borrowing is at a historical low, with gilt yields at 1%. Does he agree that, if markets lose confidence in our ability to live within our means, the cost of that borrowing would spiral, costing us billions of pounds? That would mean less to spend on our public services.
I could not resist intervening, as my hon. Friend mentioned North Yorkshire schools. As a North Yorkshire MP, he will be aware that the current funding formula disadvantages pupils in North Yorkshire to the tune of hundreds of pounds relative to similar pupils in other areas around the country. Will he urge the Secretary of State to continue her work to correct that unfairness in the funding...
More of Rishi Sunak’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Richmond (Yorks)
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Rishi Sunak campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Ministry of Defence
- HM Treasury
- Department for Education
- Maternity Services
- Catterick Barracks
- Community Care
- Business: Government Assistance
- Schools: Vocational Guidance
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Rishi Sunak’s speeches
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 53 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Rishi Sunak’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 35 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from