Rishi Sunak’s voting in Parliament
Rishi Sunak is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Rishi Sunak sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Rishi Sunak voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Rishi Sunak voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Rishi Sunak’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Rishi Sunak’s full vote analysis page for more.
Rishi Sunak has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Dec 2018
Local councils act independently of central government. They are accountable for their actions to their electorate and there are mechanisms in place for local people to hold councils to account. This means that any questions about spending decisions, the delivery of services, or the performance of a council are for that council to respond to. If local people remain unsatisfied with the...
The Department does not collect information about the value of business rates reliefs split by type of business.
The Department does not collect information or provide estimates on the number of assets of community value unsuccessful nominated. Decisions on whether a nomination satisfies the statutory test set out in the Localism Act 2011 are for local authorities to determine. In February 2017 an asset count undertaken by Locality on behalf of the department identified 4,307 assets of community value...
More of Rishi Sunak’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Richmond (Yorks)
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Rishi Sunak campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Ministry of Defence
- HM Treasury
- Department for Education
- Maternity Services
- Catterick Barracks
- Community Care
- Business: Government Assistance
- Schools: Vocational Guidance
Currently held offices
- Member, Speaker's Committee on the Electoral Commission (since 8 Feb 2018)
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Housing, Communities and Local Government) (since 9 Jan 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 37 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Rishi Sunak’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.24% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 73 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Rishi Sunak’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 187 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)