Simon Hoare’s voting in Parliament
Simon Hoare is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Simon Hoare sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Simon Hoare consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Simon Hoare consistently voted against an investigation into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Simon Hoare’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Simon Hoare’s full vote analysis page for more.
Simon Hoare has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, whether his Department provides guidance to the Department for Communities and Local Government on the potential health effects of mobile telephone masts.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what recent assessment his Department has made of radiation levels from mobile telephone masts and the effect of those masts on health.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, whether his Department has made an assessment of the potential link between the location of mobile telephone masts and the increased incidence of (a) cancers and (b) migraines.
More of Simon Hoare’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for North Dorset
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Simon Hoare campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Transport
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Aerials: Health Hazards
- Dairy Products: Children
- Post Offices
- Large Goods Vehicles
- Nutrition: Health Education
Currently held offices
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (since 1 Dec 2015)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (since 12 Oct 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Procedure Committee (13 Jul 2015 to 21 Nov 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 63 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Simon Hoare’s speeches
- Has received answers to 13 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 86.81% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 99 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Simon Hoare’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 101 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from