Simon Hoare’s voting in Parliament
Simon Hoare is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Simon Hoare sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Simon Hoare voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Simon Hoare voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Simon Hoare’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Simon Hoare’s full vote analysis page for more.
Simon Hoare has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
It is extraordinary that the Labour party has nothing to say about the good news of the fall in unemployment—falling by 50,000, and now at the lowest rate in my lifetime. More importantly I would suggest, wages are growing. That is particularly good news in constituencies such as North Dorset, where incomes are below the national average. Does my right hon. Friend agree that thousands...
It is a great pleasure to follow the hon. Member for Oldham West and Royton (Jim McMahon). I draw the House’s attention to my interest, which I think is in my entry in the Register of Members’ Financial Interests, as a vice-president of the Local Government Association. The hon. Gentleman and I served—I will not say with distinction, but we certainly served—on the...
I entirely agree with the hon. Gentleman, which is why I am rather pleased that the Minister may be writing guidance and setting out examples. The hon. Gentleman is entirely correct: whenever we create a system, someone somewhere will find a way of playing it. However, with the greatest respect, I do not think that that should preclude the authoring of guidance notes with examples and,...
More of Simon Hoare’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for North Dorset
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Simon Hoare campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- HM Treasury
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Transport
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Cash Dispensing: Fees and Charges
- Aerials: Health Hazards
- Dairy Products: Children
- Post Offices
- Large Goods Vehicles
Currently held offices
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (since 6 Nov 2017)
- Member, Welsh Affairs Committee (since 16 Oct 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (12 Dec 2017 to 4 Sep 2018)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (1 Dec 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (12 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Procedure Committee (13 Jul 2015 to 21 Nov 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 84 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Simon Hoare’s speeches
- Has received answers to 10 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.74% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 100 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Simon Hoare’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 159 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 15 Oct 2018.
Name of donor: Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Address of donor: Al Washm Street, Namudhajiyah Riyadh 12735, Saudi Arabia
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): flights, transport, food and accommodation with a value of £7,800
Destination of visit: Riyadh and Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Dates of visit: 24-29 September 2017
Purpose of visit: to meet with HM
King Salman Abdulaziz Ibn Saud, senior government officials and business leaders and the British diplomatic team in order to support and understand the British-Saudi bilateral relationship.
(Registered 13 October 2017
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from