Simon Hoare’s voting in Parliament
Simon Hoare is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Simon Hoare sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Simon Hoare consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Simon Hoare consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Simon Hoare’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Simon Hoare’s full vote analysis page for more.
Simon Hoare has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
I may be becoming a little forgetful, but was the manifesto to which my hon. Friend just referred the “fully costed” manifesto from the Labour party?
I promise the hon. Lady that I will listen intently to her reply. She and I will agree, I am sure, on one thing: this country is very lucky to have people with high-quality brain power at university today. They have told me and my Conservative colleagues what they thought her party leader said during the election campaign, and it is at huge variance with what the hon. Lady claims he said....
I stand as Hobson’s choice, I think, Mr Speaker. Huskisson and his predecessors will have heard many of the concerns about the Victorian railway network as proposed about this village, that village or the other. He and his colleagues wisely proceeded, and the benefits of economic growth and job creation from the Victorian rail network were very clear. Will my right hon. Friend reflect...
More of Simon Hoare’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for North Dorset
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Simon Hoare campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Transport
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Aerials: Health Hazards
- Dairy Products: Children
- Post Offices
- Large Goods Vehicles
- Nutrition: Health Education
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (1 Dec 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (12 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Procedure Committee (13 Jul 2015 to 21 Nov 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 58 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Simon Hoare’s speeches
- Has received answers to 9 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 102 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Simon Hoare’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 108 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 31 Jul 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Payment from IPSOS
Mori, 3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW:
27 September 2016
, payment of £200 for completing survey. Hours: 1 hr. Fee paid direct to charity. (Registered 26 April 2017
6 March 2017
, payment of £200 for completing survey. Hours: 1 hr. Fee paid direct to charity. (Registered 26 April 2017)
Name of donor: Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Address of donor: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, PO
Box 55937, Riyadh 11544
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Accommodation, transport and food with a value of £3,187
Destination of visit: Saudi Arabia
Dates of visit: 2-5 April 2017
Purpose of visit: Parliamentary fact finding.
(Registered 11 April 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
House in Oxfordshire: (i). (Registered 21 May 2015
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from