Huw Merriman’s voting in Parliament
Huw Merriman is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Huw Merriman sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Huw Merriman consistently voted for allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Huw Merriman consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Huw Merriman consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Huw Merriman’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Huw Merriman’s full vote analysis page for more.
Huw Merriman has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
I beg to move, That leave be given to bring in a Bill to make provision for passengers to receive automatic compensation from travel operators in certain circumstances; to require train operators to ring-fence certain funds received from Network Rail for service disruption and planned possessions for the development of ticketing technology to facilitate the payment of automatic compensation...
More of Huw Merriman’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Bexhill and Battle
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
We don't know whether Huw Merriman campaigned to leave, or stay in the European Union
- Cabinet Office
- Department of Health
- Voluntary Work: Young People
- Mental Health Services: Children
Currently held offices
- Member, Transport Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Procedure Committee (21 Nov 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Transport Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 62 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Huw Merriman’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 83.33% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 274 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Huw Merriman’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 122 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from