Victoria Atkins’s voting in Parliament
Victoria Atkins is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Victoria Atkins sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Victoria Atkins consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Victoria Atkins’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Victoria Atkins’s full vote analysis page for more.
Victoria Atkins has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 20 Dec 2017
The number of women on FTSE 100 boards increased from 12.5% in 2011 to 27.7% percent in 2017. There are no all-male boards remaining in the FTSE 100, down from 21 in 2010. We are proud of this progress but we also want to go further – that is why we support the Hampton-Alexander Review’s business-led targets for 33% senior leadership positions and board positions to be women by...
I am pleased to see that women’s impressive achievements in sport are gaining increasing recognition, and am delighted that three women have won medals for Team GB at the Winter Olympics so far. The Minister for Women and Equalities has not attended any women’s sporting events since her recent appointment but hopes to do so in the future.
Regulations introduced in 2017 require employers with 250 or more employees to report specific data about their gender pay gap. The Equality and Human Rights Commission has the power to take enforcement action against employers that breach the regulations, including by publishing inaccurate data.
More of Victoria Atkins’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Louth and Horncastle
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Victoria Atkins campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Transport
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Office
- Department for Education
- Garages and Petrol Stations: Prices
- Mink: Lincolnshire
- Glyphosate: Safety
- Schools: Finance
Currently held offices
- Minister for Women (since 16 Jan 2018)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department (since 9 Nov 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Draft Investigatory Powers Bill (Joint Committee) (5 Nov 2015 to 11 Feb 2016)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 31 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 52 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Victoria Atkins’s speeches
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 95.97% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 73 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Victoria Atkins’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 91 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 19 Feb 2018.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Mr John Lewis
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500
Donor status: individual
(Registered 06 July 2017
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: British Sugar
Address of donor: Sugar Way, Peterborough PE2 9AY
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: four nights' hotel accommodation for myself and my husband during the Conservative Party
conference, value £1,120
Date received: 4 - 8 October 2017
Date accepted: 4 October 2017
Donor status: company, registration 315158
(Registered 30 October 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Barrister, currently not practising. (Registered 06 June 2015)
10. Family members engaged in lobbying the public sector on behalf of a third party or client
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from