Victoria Atkins’s voting in Parliament
Victoria Atkins is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Victoria Atkins sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Victoria Atkins voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Victoria Atkins’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Victoria Atkins’s full vote analysis page for more.
Victoria Atkins has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 19 Dec 2018
The information requested is shown in the table below: Type FY14-15 FY15-16 FY16-17 FY17-18 Taxis £382,709.59 £416,642.05 £472,350.01 £338, 852.38 First Class Train Tickets £605.34 £806.85 £2,403.27 £1,065.65 Business Class Air Travel £267.90 £2,087.81 £6,188.76 £516.34 Expenditure on Taxis by the Home Office Group for FY2017/18 has decreased to £339k...
Expenditure on Overseas Development Aid from 2015 to 2017 are listed below: • 2015 £222m • 2016 £376m • 2017 £354m 2015 https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/ system/uploads/attachment_data/file/572063/statistics-on-int ernational-development-2016a.pdf 2016 https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/...
The government remains committed to extending civil partnerships to opposite-sex couples, and is supporting the Civil Partnerships, Marriages and Deaths (Registration etc.) Private Members Bill. We are considering with the Bill’s sponsors how best this could be used to extend civil partnerships to opposite-sex couples.
More of Victoria Atkins’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Louth and Horncastle
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Victoria Atkins campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Transport
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Office
- Department for Education
- Garages and Petrol Stations: Prices
- Mink: Lincolnshire
- Glyphosate: Safety
- Schools: Finance
Currently held offices
- Minister for Women (since 16 Jan 2018)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department (since 9 Nov 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Draft Investigatory Powers Bill (Joint Committee) (5 Nov 2015 to 11 Feb 2016)
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 31 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 42 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Victoria Atkins’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — Ministers do not ask written questions.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 94.06% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 83 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Victoria Atkins’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 225 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 21 Jan 2019.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Lawn Tennis Association
Address of donor: The National Tennis Centre, 100 Priory Lane, London SW15 5JQ
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: Three tickets for the Wimbledon Championships
, and associated hospitality; total value £510
Date received: 14 July 2018
Date accepted: 14 July 2018
Donor status: company, registration 07459469
(Registered 19 July 2018)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Flat in London: (i) and (ii). (Registered 6 June 2015; updated 22 July 2015)
From 13 April 2018, house in London: (i) and (ii). (Registered 19 April 2018)
Barrister, currently not practising. (Registered 06 June 2015)
10. Family members engaged in lobbying the public sector on behalf of a third party or client
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from
© Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)