Conor McGinn’s voting in Parliament
Conor McGinn is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Conor McGinn’s votes.
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2016
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 2016
Voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
26 votes for, 7 votes against, 20 absences, between 2016–2018
We have lots more plain English analysis of Conor McGinn’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Conor McGinn’s full vote analysis page for more.
Conor McGinn has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
Marriage (Same Sex Couples) (Northern Ireland) (No.2) Bill - 2nd reading – Conor McGinn.
What estimate he has made of the number of cyber-specialist vacancies across all Departments.
In July, the Joint Committee on the National Security Strategy criticised the Government for not properly addressing the cyber-security skills and recruitment gap, which it said is of vital importance to Britain’s defence and economy; but today the Minister still cannot tell how many of these specialist role vacancies exist across the Government. When will the Department tasked with...
More of Conor McGinn’s recent appearances
Labour MP for St Helens North
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Conor McGinn campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Education
- Department for Transport
- Home Office
- British Irish Council
- Agriculture: Subsidies
- Jobcentres: Newton-le-Willows
- Social Services: Children and Young People
- Children: Day Care
Currently held offices
- Member, Regulatory Reform Committee (since 6 Nov 2017)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (since 6 Nov 2017)
- Member, Northern Ireland Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (18 Sep 2015 to 9 Oct 2016)
- Member, Defence Sub-Committee (8 Sep 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
- Member, Defence Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 31 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Conor McGinn’s speeches
- Has received answers to 60 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 69.92% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 56 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Conor McGinn’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 40 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 29 Oct 2018.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Catholic Bishops
’ Conference of England and Wales
Address of donor: 39 Eccleston Square, London SW1V 1BX
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: an educational allowance of £1,631.10 and accommodation with a value of £3,000 provided for an intern in my parliamentary office for 3 months
Date received: 9 October 2017
- 8 January 2018
Date accepted: 9 October 2017
Donor status: charity, registration 1097482
(Registered 21 November 2017
; updated 01 December 2017
and 09 July 2018
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: ITV
Address of donor: The London Television Centre, Upper Ground, London SE1 9LT
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: Ticket and hospitality at Six Nations
rugby match at Twickenham Stadium
, value £1,198.80
Date received: 17 March 2018
Date accepted: 17 March 2018
Donor status: company, registration 4967001
(Registered 10 April 2018
Name of donor: Racecourse Association Ltd
Address of donor: Winkfield Road, Ascot SL5 7HX
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: a metal badge entitling the bearer to admittance to certain horse racing meetings in the UK during 2018. The badge is not available for purchase but its estimated value is between £0 and £1,000, depending on usage.
Date received: 1 April 2018
Date accepted: 1 April 2018
Donor status: company, registration 93447
(Registered 08 May 2018)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
From 13 November 2017, flat in London, owned jointly with a family member: (i) and (ii). (Registered 09 November 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from