Paula Sherriff campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Paula Sherriff’s voting in Parliament
Paula Sherriff is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Paula Sherriff sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Paula Sherriff generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Paula Sherriff’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Paula Sherriff’s full vote analysis page for more.
Paula Sherriff has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Does the hon. Lady share my frustration about the fact that a constituent a mine who was down to her last £5 was told to send documents to Concentrix by recorded delivery? She then had to decide whether to feed her child or to send those documents. I am sure that the hon. Lady will agree that that is absolutely horrific.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many Syrian passports have been returned to the Syrian government on the basis that they have been reported stolen by that government.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many passports have been confiscated from Syrian citizens by UK officials in 2016 on the basis of being stolen.
More of Paula Sherriff’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Dewsbury
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department of Health
- Department for Transport
- Home Office
- HM Treasury
- Cabinet Office
- British Transport Police: Finance
- Patients: Transport
- Hate Crime
- Railway Stations
- NHS: Conditions of Employment
Currently held offices
- Member, Health Committee (since 8 Jul 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 89 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Paula Sherriff’s speeches
- Has received answers to 103 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 70.88% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 74 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Paula Sherriff’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 47 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 17 Oct 2016.
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Qatar
Address of donor: Qatar Embassy, 1 South Audley Street, London W1K 1NB
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): air travel, food and accommodation with an approximate value of £6,550
Destination of visit: Qatar
Date of visit: 16-18 February 2016
Purpose of visit: British-Qatar APPG
visit to meet Ministers, officials, visit world cup sites to discuss issues of bilateral relations and regional crises.
(Registered 02 March 2016
Name of donor: All Party Parliamentary China Group (with sponsorship from John Swire
& Sons, HSBC
, City of London, Cambridge Assessment, and Arup)
Address of donor: House of Commons
, London SW1A 0AA
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): economy class flights (international and domestic) £2,098.33, accommodation £488.29; domestic transport £142.65; food and drink £105.78; meeting and hospitality expenses (inc. interpretation, venue hire) £123.02; total £2,958.07
Destination of visit: China (Chengdu and Kunmig) Date of visit: 30 May - 4 June 2016
Purpose of visit: To maintain and strengthen relations between the UK Parliament
and the National People's Congress of China; support British Businesses operating in China; and deepen the knowledge of parliamentarians of China.
(Registered 14 June 2016)
Name of donor: Norfolk Island Council of Elders
Address of donor: PO Box 414, Norfolk Island
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Accommodation, travel and subsistence with an approx. value of £2,011.72
Destination of visit: Norfolk Island
Dates of visit: 29 August - 2 September 2016
Purpose of visit: to travel to Norfolk Island as a guest of the Council of Elders to meet with representatives of the local community and investigate the constitutional and governmental changes introduced by the Commonwealth of Australia.
(Registered 07 October 2016)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over Â£100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over Â£10,000 a year
House in Wakefield: (i). (Registered 05 June 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from