Victoria Prentis’s voting in Parliament
Victoria Prentis is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Victoria Prentis sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
We have lots more plain English analysis of Victoria Prentis’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Victoria Prentis’s full vote analysis page for more.
Victoria Prentis has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I know that the hon. Lady cares deeply about the region. She and I—and, indeed, you, Madam Deputy Speaker—visited the region together some years ago, and I know that at the current time all of us will be thinking about the places we visited and the people we met. In answer to her question, the ICC started an investigation into the situation in Palestine in March 2021.
The Prime Minister, the Foreign Secretary and, indeed, the whole of the UK Government have consistently urged that international humanitarian law must be followed in this case. The ICC prosecutor, who is a British-born barrister—Karim Khan, with whom I have had a number of extremely helpful meetings over the course of my time as Attorney General—has said that the investigation is...
As I said, the UK supports the ICC and its chief prosecutor Karim Khan. We do have surveillance flights operating in the region. The primary purpose of those is to help with the hostage situation. We will say once again that we very much hope that the hostages will be released immediately. It is absolutely the case that we will continue to urge all parties to continue to abide by...
More of Victoria Prentis’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Banbury
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Victoria Prentis campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Justice
- Home Office
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Cabinet Office
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Firearms: Licensing
- Prisoners' Release
- National Probation Service for England and Wales: Staff
- Alabama Rot
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
Currently held offices
- The Attorney-General (since 25 Oct 2022)
Other offices held in the past
- The Minister of State, Department for Work and Pensions ( 7 Sep 2022 to 25 Oct 2022)
- Member, Genetic Technology (Precision Breeding) Bill Committee ( 6 Jul 2022 to 7 Jul 2022)
- Member, Animal Welfare (Kept Animals) Bill Committee ( 3 Nov 2021 to 18 Nov 2021)
- The Minister of State, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (16 Sep 2021 to 7 Sep 2022)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (13 Feb 2020 to 16 Sep 2021)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (28 Jan 2019 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Justice Committee (11 Sep 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) ( 2 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) ( 2 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Justice Committee ( 6 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 27 Nov 2023.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK sources
Name of donor: The Jockey Club
Address of donor: 75 High Holborn, London WC1V 6LS
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Four tickets with hospitality for Cheltenham Racecourse
, total value £600
Date received: 17 March 2023
Date accepted: 17 March 2023
Donor status: company, registration 02909409
(Registered 20 March 2023)
Name of donor: Motorsport UK
Association Ltd (trading as Motorsport UK)
Address of donor: 141 The Command Works Southern Avenue, Bicester Heritage, Bicester OX27 8FY
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Two tickets with hospitality for the British Grand Prix
, total value £2,000
Date received: 9 July 2023
Date accepted: 9 July 2023
Donor status: company, registration 01344829
(Registered 11 July 2023)
Name of donor: David Richards CBE
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Two night stay for two people at a hotel, including meals, value £400
Date received: 15-17 September 2023
Date accepted: 15 September 2023
Donor status: individual
(Registered 16 October 2023)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)