Victoria Prentis’s voting in Parliament
Victoria Prentis is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Victoria Prentis sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Victoria Prentis consistently voted against new high speed rail infrastructure, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Victoria Prentis consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Victoria Prentis consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Victoria Prentis’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Victoria Prentis’s full vote analysis page for more.
Victoria Prentis has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 4 Dec 2017
It is a pleasure to follow my hon. Friend the Member for Bromley and Chislehurst (Robert Neill) and the right hon. Member for Delyn (David Hanson), and indeed to work with them on the Justice Committee. I apologise to the House that I will not be here for the wind-ups. I have already apologised to the Minister and to you, Mr Deputy Speaker. I might be here in body at the moment, but my...
More of Victoria Prentis’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Banbury
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Victoria Prentis campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Justice
- Cabinet Office
- Department for International Development
- Home Office
- National Probation Service for England and Wales: Staff
- Overseas Aid: Charities
- Political Parties: Finance
- Refugees: Syria
Currently held offices
- Member, Justice Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Joint Committee) (2 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Statutory Instruments (Select Committee) (2 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Justice Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 46 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Victoria Prentis’s speeches
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 97.26% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 72 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Victoria Prentis’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 50 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from