Peter Kyle’s voting in Parliament
Peter Kyle is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Peter Kyle sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Peter Kyle generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Peter Kyle’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Peter Kyle’s full vote analysis page for more.
Last updated: 19 Apr 2017
Websites such as Craigslist are being used by corrupt individuals to advertise free accommodation in return for sex. Does the Secretary of State agree that that is currently happening within the law and that a review needs to take place so that the people who are exploiting extremely vulnerable young women in that way face the full force of the law?
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what estimate she has made of the number of intensive indoor dairy farms operating in the UK.
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what assessment he has made of the effect of charging business rates for properties with solar panels on state schools in England and Wales.
More of Peter Kyle’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Hove
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Peter Kyle campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for Transport
- Department of Health
- Department for Education
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Apprentices: Taxation
- Railways: South East
- Railways: Tickets
- Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee (17 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 17 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 33 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Peter Kyle’s speeches
- Has received answers to 68 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 125 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Peter Kyle’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 52 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Susan Ruddick
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £10,000
Date received: 17 June 2016
Date accepted: 17 June 2016
Donor status: private
(Registered 05 July 2016
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Fat Sand Ltd, a film production company. (Registered 08 June 2015
Progression Ltd, Sporting Video Company. (Registered 08 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from