Peter Kyle campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Peter Kyle’s voting in Parliament
Peter Kyle is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Peter Kyle sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Peter Kyle generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Peter Kyle’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Peter Kyle’s full vote analysis page for more.
Peter Kyle has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
It is the first occasion in my short time in the Commons that I have agreed with every single word that has been spoken by Members of all parties, and it was a privilege to be here for that. I would like to single out one or two Members. The right hon. Member for Brentwood and Ongar (Sir Eric Pickles) and my hon. Friend the Member for Liverpool, Riverside (Mrs Ellman) spoke with steely...
I beg to move, That this House has considered Holocaust Memorial Day 2017. Thank you, Madam Deputy Speaker. I will try not to rush my speech after that introduction. Let me start by thanking the hon. Members who supported me in the application for this debate, the Backbench Business Committee for allowing it and all the Members, from both sides of the House, who are participating today....
I am extremely grateful for that intervention, and in a few minutes I will very much echo my hon. Friend’s sentiments. I will carry on with my speech and not take any more interventions, as we can see the ferocity with which Madam Deputy Speaker is clearly encouraging us to make progress. I will get through my speech and allow others to speak. The theme of this year’s Holocaust...
More of Peter Kyle’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Hove
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for Transport
- Department of Health
- Department for Education
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Apprentices: Taxation
- Railways: South East
- Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund
- Railways: Tickets
Currently held offices
- Member, Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee (since 17 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Business, Innovation and Skills Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 17 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 51 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Peter Kyle’s speeches
- Has received answers to 134 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 69.62% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 116 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Peter Kyle’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 47 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Jan 2017.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Susan Ruddick
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £10,000
Date received: 17 June 2016
Date accepted: 17 June 2016
Donor status: private
(Registered 05 July 2016
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Fat Sand Ltd, a film production company. (Registered 08 June 2015
Progression Ltd, Sporting Video Company. (Registered 08 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from