Calum Kerr’s voting in Parliament
Calum Kerr is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Calum Kerr’s votes.
Generally voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2016
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 17 votes against, 6 absences, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
15 votes for, 2 votes against, 4 absences, between 2016–2017
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Calum Kerr’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Calum Kerr’s full vote analysis page for more.
Calum Kerr has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
I realise that the Minister is probably reaching the end of his speech, but there is one thing that I would like to ask him. I do not doubt the sincerity of his desire to improve the situation. Does he see a role for the Government—I appreciate that it would not be his Department—in introducing more formal qualifications to the school curriculum that could help to improve skills...
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Sir Roger, and to speak in this debate. Members have already made excellent contributions, and I feel like I am stepping into an expert field, given that there are so many people present who work on established Committees that have looked at this issue in detail. I shall focus first on the importance of this issue in rural areas, which has...
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, if she will make an assessment of the potential merits of devolving powers to the Scottish Government in advance of the Great Repeal Bill in order to promote mixed fisheries opportunities and reactive positive stock management.
More of Calum Kerr’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Berwickshire, Roxburgh and Selkirk
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Calum Kerr campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Home Office
- HM Treasury
- Agriculture: Subsidies
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs: Brexit
- Emergency Services: Mobile Radios
Currently held offices
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Digital) (since 10 May 2016)
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Environment and Rural Affairs) (since 20 May 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (15 Jul 2015 to 28 Nov 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 31 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Calum Kerr’s speeches
- Has received answers to 39 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 62.86% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 63 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Calum Kerr’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 60 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Mar 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: The Scotch Whisky Association
Address of donor: Quartermile Two, 2 Lister Square, Edinburgh EH3 9GL
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: as part of an APPG
on Scotch Whisky fact-finding visit to Islay, including participation in a public community meeting, travel, accommodation and subsistence with a value of £379.41
Date received: 7-8 October 2016
Date accepted: 7 October 2016
Donor status: company, registration SC035148
(Registered 19 October 2016)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from