A selection of Calum Kerr's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 17 votes against, 6 absences, between 2015–2016
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
6 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
Voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, in 2016
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
16 votes for, 2 votes against, 5 absences, between 2016–2017
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Calum Kerr’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Calum Kerr’s full vote analysis page for more.
It is only fitting that you are in the Chair, Madam Deputy Speaker, because this is my last opportunity to speak before we break up, and you were there for my maiden speech. It is lovely to see you there. I welcome the changes to the Bill. We have worked very well together, as the Minister and the hon. Member for Sheffield, Heeley (Louise Haigh) outlined—at least, he is wearing red...
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many emergency services masts are planned for construction in Berwickshire, Roxburgh and Selkirk constituency; and what steps she is taking to ensure that mobile phone services are provided from all four mobile network operators at emergency services network sites.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what estimate he has made of the cost of establishing a new regulatory framework for food safety after the UK leaves the EU.
More of Calum Kerr’s recent appearances
Former Scottish National Party MP for Berwickshire, Roxburgh and Selkirk
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Calum Kerr campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Home Office
- Scotland Office
- Agriculture: Subsidies
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs: Brexit
- Telecommunications: EU Law
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Digital) (10 May 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (15 Jul 2015 to 28 Nov 2016)
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Environment and Rural Affairs) (20 May 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 30 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Calum Kerr’s speeches
- Has received answers to 56 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 61.88% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 46 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 61 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: The Scotch Whisky Association
Address of donor: Quartermile Two, 2 Lister Square, Edinburgh EH3 9GL
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: as part of an APPG
on Scotch Whisky fact-finding visit to Islay, including participation in a public community meeting, travel, accommodation and subsistence with a value of £379.41
Date received: 7-8 October 2016
Date accepted: 7 October 2016
Donor status: company, registration SC035148
(Registered 19 October 2016)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from