The sharing of the apprenticeship levy down the line is welcome, although I have one point. In Suffolk, a lot of the businesses involved in the sector are small and medium-sized businesses. What will the Minister do to ensure that the discussions he has on T-levels and maintaining quality are not dominated by the larger sector, and to ensure that small and medium-sized enterprises that need...
I thank my right hon. Friend for his statement, but, to echo the question of my hon. Friend the Member for Gainsborough (Sir Edward Leigh), there are Members who are concerned about this phrase “regime change” and any policy that moves in that direction. Will my right hon. Friend confirm that if the US moves towards a more explicit regime-change policy with regard to Assad, we...
More of James Cartlidge’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for South Suffolk
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
James Cartlidge campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Transport
- Department of Health
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- HM Treasury
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Electric Vehicles
- Libya: Terrorism
- Home Ownership Incentive Schemes
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Work and Pensions Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Public Accounts Commission (4 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 43 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all James Cartlidge’s speeches
- Has received answers to 39 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.36% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 49 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 100 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Share to Buy Ltd; property portal, mortgage broker and home shows (see category 8 below). (Registered 02 June 2015
Share to Buy (Advertising) Ltd; not trading (see category 8 below). (Registered 02 June 2015)
Unpaid director of Share to Buy Ltd and Share to Buy (Advertising) Ltd (not trading). (Registered 02 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from