Peter Heaton-Jones’s voting in Parliament
Peter Heaton-Jones is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Peter Heaton-Jones sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Peter Heaton-Jones consistently voted for allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Peter Heaton-Jones consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Peter Heaton-Jones consistently voted against an investigation into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Peter Heaton-Jones’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Peter Heaton-Jones’s full vote analysis page for more.
Peter Heaton-Jones has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
It is a pleasure to serve under your chairmanship, Mr Bailey. I congratulate the hon. Member for Hackney South and Shoreditch (Meg Hillier) on securing this important debate. It will not surprise colleagues to hear that I am unashamedly here to speak up for Devon, and North Devon in particular. We are part of the south-west, and it is significant, looking around the Chamber, to see so many...
More of Peter Heaton-Jones’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for North Devon
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Peter Heaton-Jones campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Transport
- Department for Culture Media and Sport
- Department for Education
- North Devon Hospital
- Rescue Services: North Devon
- NHS: Sustainable Development
- English Baccalaureate
- Broadband: North Devon
Currently held offices
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (since 20 Jul 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 31 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Peter Heaton-Jones’s speeches
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 89.89% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 64 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Peter Heaton-Jones’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 66 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from