Chris Matheson’s voting in Parliament
Chris Matheson is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Chris Matheson sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Chris Matheson generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Chris Matheson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Chris Matheson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Chris Matheson has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
Richard Ratcliffe, Nazanin’s husband, has immediate family in my constituency. The way Nazanin has been treated is dreadful. Will my hon. Friend also consider how Richard has been treated, since he is now separated not only from his wife but from his daughter?
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, which countries that are allies of the UK are not governed through some form of parliamentary democracy.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, how many (a) psychiatrists and (b) psychologists are employed in prison and young offender institutions.
More of Chris Matheson’s recent appearances
Labour MP for City of Chester
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Chris Matheson campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Transport
- Department of Health
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Home Office
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Chorley and South Ribble Hospital: Accident and Emergency Departments
- Rebecca Coriam
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
- Immigration Controls
- Interest Rate Swap Transactions
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 79 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Chris Matheson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 45 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 55.56% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 119 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chris Matheson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 70 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 31 Jul 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Mr Robin Wendt
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500 for the General Election
Donor status: individual
(Registered 20 June 2017
Name of donor: GMB NW
& Irish Region
Address of donor: Columbus Quay, Riverside Drive, Liverpool L3 4GB
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000 for the General Election
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 20 June 2017)
Name of donor: Unite the union
Address of donor: 128 Theobalds road, London WC1X 8TU.
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: £4,000, donated via the Labour Party
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 07 July 2017
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: ITV
Address of donor: The London Television Centre, Upper Ground, London SE1 9LT
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: ticket for the National Television Awards
with a value of £1,028
Date received: 25 January 2017
Date accepted: 25 January 2017
Donor status: company, registration 4967001
(Registered 13 March 2017
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from