Chris Matheson campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Chris Matheson’s voting in Parliament
Chris Matheson is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Chris Matheson sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Chris Matheson generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Chris Matheson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Chris Matheson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Chris Matheson has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017
School funding in Cheshire West and Chester – Chris Matheson.
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what criteria were used to determine individual need in setting the rate of jobseeker's allowance and the lower rate of employment and support allowance for a single adult at £73.10 per week.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if he will make it his policy to (a) plan no further capital developments using the Private Finance Initiative and (b) place no further NHS contracts with private health firms.
More of Chris Matheson’s recent appearances
Labour MP for City of Chester
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department for Transport
- Department of Health
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Home Office
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Chorley and South Ribble Hospital: Accident and Emergency Departments
- Rebecca Coriam
- High Speed 2 Railway Line
- Immigration Controls
- Interest Rate Swap Transactions
Currently held offices
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (since 8 Jul 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 75 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Chris Matheson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 61 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 74.65% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 117 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chris Matheson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 57 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from