Steve Double’s voting in Parliament
Steve Double is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Steve Double sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Steve Double consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency, while most Conservative MPs almost always voted for. Show votes
Steve Double consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Steve Double’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Steve Double’s full vote analysis page for more.
Steve Double has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what steps he is taking to protect and enhance the marine environment.
The Leader of the House will be aware of the looming crisis involving the amount of plastic entering our seas and oceans. We are quickly getting to the point where there will be more plastic than fish in the sea. In the light of that, I warmly welcomed the comment by the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs that the Government are now considering introducing a plastic...
Will the Minister join me in congratulating Michelle and Mark Williams, who run the C&C taxi firm in St Austell? They have recently replaced all 14 of their diesel vehicles with electric vehicles. Theirs has been hailed as the greenest taxi firm in the country. Does he agree that more taxi firms should follow their example?
More of Steve Double’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for St Austell and Newquay
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Steve Double campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Wales Office
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Pharmacy: Finance
- Licensed Premises: Non-domestic Rates
- Refugees: Children
- Tourism: VAT
- European Union
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (7 Nov 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Petitions Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 49 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Steve Double’s speeches
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 95 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Steve Double’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 86 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
Name of donor: Dellar Davies
Address of donor: 4-6 Cranemead, Ware SG12 9PW
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights and accommodation with a value of £1,585
Destination of visit: Tel Aviv, Israel
Date of visit: 6-9 June 2016
Purpose of visit: to attend the Institute of Travel and Tourism Conference.
(Registered 11 July 2016
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Bay Direct Media; a direct marketing company (see category 8 below). (Registered 29 May 2015
Bay Mailing Services Ltd; a mailing house (see category 8 below). (Registered 29 May 2015)
Phoenix Corporate Gifts Ltd; a company selling branded merchandise (see category 8 below). (Registered 29 May 2015)
I am an unremunerated director of Bay Direct Media, Bay Mailing Services Ltd and Phoenix Corporate Gifts. (Registered 06 June 2015
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Anne Double, as full time Senior Caseworker and Diary Secretary
. (Registered 29 May 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from