A selection of Steve Double's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted for reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2016–2017
Consistently voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, between 2015–2016
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
4 votes for, 16 votes against, 3 absences, between 2016–2017
Voted a mixture of for and against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
1 vote for, 1 vote against, in 2016
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Steve Double’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Steve Double’s full vote analysis page for more.
What plans he has to encourage new methods of building in the construction industry.
Cornwall council recently granted planning approval for a garden village at West Carclaze in St Austell. The vision for the development is to build the highest-quality sustainable homes with modern construction methods. Does the Minister agree that it is vital that the site developers are held to that vision, and what support can he give to ensure that that happens?
I did not intend to speak in this debate, but the hon. Member for Walsall North (Mr Winnick) would not let me intervene to respond to the question he posed. I have, in fact, received emails from constituents over the past few weeks asking me to encourage the Prime Minister to call a general election and go to the country once again. The hon. Gentleman seemed to imply that nobody in the...
More of Steve Double’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for St Austell and Newquay
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Steve Double campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Wales Office
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Pharmacy: Finance
- Licensed Premises: Non-domestic Rates
- European Union
- Refugees: Children
- Nurses: Pay
Other offices held in the past
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (7 Nov 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Petitions Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 51 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Steve Double’s speeches
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 89.08% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 81 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 85 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
Name of donor: Dellar Davies
Address of donor: 4-6 Cranemead, Ware SG12 9PW
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights and accommodation with a value of £1,585
Destination of visit: Tel Aviv, Israel
Date of visit: 6-9 June 2016
Purpose of visit: to attend the Institute of Travel and Tourism Conference.
(Registered 11 July 2016
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Bay Direct Media; a direct marketing company (see category 8 below). (Registered 29 May 2015
Bay Mailing Services Ltd; a mailing house (see category 8 below). (Registered 29 May 2015)
Phoenix Corporate Gifts Ltd; a company selling branded merchandise (see category 8 below). (Registered 29 May 2015)
I am an unremunerated director of Bay Direct Media, Bay Mailing Services Ltd and Phoenix Corporate Gifts. (Registered 06 June 2015
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
I employ my wife, Anne Double, as full time Senior Caseworker and Diary Secretary
. (Registered 29 May 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from