Hannah Bardell’s voting in Parliament
Hannah Bardell is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a random selection of Hannah Bardell’s votes.
Voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 6 absences, between 2016–2021.
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016.
Generally voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
1 vote for, 4 votes against, in 2020.
Has never voted on raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Details
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, in 2022.
Voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016.
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
13 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2022.
Last updated: 18 May 2022.
Learn more about our voting records and what they mean.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Hannah Bardell’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Hannah Bardell’s full vote analysis page for more.
Hannah Bardell has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
I was incredibly relieved to get my constituent’s family, 13 of them, across the border and home through Egypt. I pay tribute to the staff in the consular section who supported them, but the support was patchy and the cost of them returning was over £5,000 on commercial flights. What more can the Minister do to supercharge that consular support and to reimburse those families who had to...
The European convention on human rights was developed to ensure that Governments would never again dehumanise people and abuse their rights with impunity. So can the Secretary of State tell us: does the threat of revisiting international relationships really mean that his Government are ready to unpick our international relationships and treaties, including the ECHR, so that they can demonise...
More of Hannah Bardell’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Livingston
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Hannah Bardell campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Commonwealth and Development Office
- HM Treasury
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Diplomatic Service
- Sheep Meat: Scotland
- Cheddar Cheese: Orkney
- Tobacco: Smuggling
- Homicide: Convictions
Currently held offices
- Member, Panel of Chairs (since 23 Mar 2020)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Foreign Affairs Team Member) (since 7 Jan 2020)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (International Development Team Member) (since 7 Jan 2020)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Digital, Culture, Media and Sport) (17 May 2018 to 7 Jan 2020)
- Member, Speaker's Advisory Committee on Works of Art (12 Dec 2017 to 6 Nov 2019)
- Shadow SNP Spokesperson (Trade and Investment) (20 Jun 2017 to 17 May 2018)
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Business, Innovation and Skills) (19 Oct 2015 to 20 Jun 2017)
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Fair Work and Employment) (20 May 2015 to 19 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
SNP MPs only attend sittings where the legislation pertains to Scotland.
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)