A selection of Hannah Bardell's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2016
Generally voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Almost always voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
We have lots more plain English analysis of Hannah Bardell’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Hannah Bardell’s full vote analysis page for more.
On a point of order, Mr Speaker. You will be aware that a number of reports are going to be coming out from various Committees, including the Public Accounts Committee. What can he do to support me in my efforts to make sure that this House gets the opportunity to properly scrutinise the report—I do not wish to foresee its results—on Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs...
What kind of deal does the Secretary of State think he is likely to get if he and the Government refuse to pay their dues in Europe? Surely negotiations are about give and take.
More of Hannah Bardell’s recent appearances
Former Scottish National Party MP for Livingston
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Hannah Bardell campaigned to remain in the European Union
- HM Treasury
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Home Office
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Tobacco: Smuggling
- Pregnancy: Discrimination
- Broadband: Scotland
- Construction: Productivity
- Students: Loans
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Business, Innovation and Skills) (19 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Fair Work and Employment) (20 May 2015 to 19 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 79 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Hannah Bardell’s speeches
- Has received answers to 11 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 59.74% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 54 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 87 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: The Scotch Whisky Association
Address of donor: Quartermile Two, 2 Lister Square, Edinburgh EH3 9GL
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: as part of an APPG
on Scotch Whisky fact-finding visit to Islay, travel, accommodation and subsistence with a value of £379.41
Date received: 7-8 October 2016
Date accepted: 7 October 2016
Donor status: company, registration SC035148
(Registered 03 November 2016
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: Air Quality Research Center
Address of donor: One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights £462.16; accommodation £449.54; total value £911.70
Destination of visit: Palm Springs, California, USA
Dates of visit: 26 February - 1 March 2017
Purpose of visit: To speak at the Aviation Symposium.
(Registered 13 March 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from