Jo Churchill campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Jo Churchill’s voting in Parliament
Jo Churchill is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Jo Churchill sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Jo Churchill consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jo Churchill’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jo Churchill’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jo Churchill has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what assessment he has made of the effect of restrictions imposed by NHS England on the use of the (a) dabrafenib plus trametinib and (b) ipilimumab plus nivolumab drug combinations for use in the treatment of advanced melanoma on patient care.
More of Jo Churchill’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Bury St Edmunds
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department for Education
- Department of Health
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Department for Transport
- Small Businesses: Government Assistance
- Mediterranean Sea: Refugees
- Broadband: East of England
- Renewable Energy
Currently held offices
- Member, Women and Equalities Committee (since 6 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 31 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 47 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Jo Churchill’s speeches
- Has received answers to 32 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 91.37% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 70 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jo Churchill’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 61 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Jan 2017.
Name of donor: Armed Forces Parliamentary Trust
Address of donor: House of Commons
, London SW1A 0AA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights and meals with a value of £710.64
Destination of visit: British Army Training Unit Suffield, Canada
Dates of visit: 25-28 August 2016
Purpose of visit: Insight liaison visit.
(Registered 10 November 2016
5. Gifts and benefits from sources outside the UK
Name of donor: Swiss Parliament
Address of donor: CH
- 3003 Berne
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: as part of the British-Swiss APPG
's Parliamentary Ski Week, two ski passes with a value of £247 each; plus a contribution of £123.50 each to three others; total value £864.50
Date received: 28 March 2016
Date accepted: 28 March 2016
Donor status: other
(Registered 10 May 2016
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Three flats in Grantham, owned jointly with my husband: (i) and since 7 May 2015 (ii). (Registered 4 June 2015; updated 18 January 2016)
House in Newark, owned jointly with my husband: (i) and since 7 May 2015 (ii). (Registered 4 June 2015; updated 18 January 2016)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
South Lincolnshire Scaffolding Ltd. (Registered 04 June 2015)
Trustee of SLS
Pension Fund. (Registered 04 June 2015)
Directorship 50% of SLS Ltd (non-functioning). (Registered 04 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from