Jo Churchill’s voting in Parliament
Jo Churchill is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Jo Churchill sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Jo Churchill consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Jo Churchill consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Jo Churchill’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Jo Churchill’s full vote analysis page for more.
Jo Churchill has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 20 Dec 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what steps he is taking to support the UK beet sugar industry in (a) Bury St Edmunds, (b) the East of England and c) the UK after the UK leaves the EU.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, what assessment she has made of the adequacy of funding of secondary and primary schools in (a) Bury St Edmunds constituency and (b) Suffolk; and if she will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, how many groundwater activity permits have been issued in (a) Bury St Edmunds constituency and (b) Suffolk in each of the last five years.
More of Jo Churchill’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Bury St Edmunds
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Jo Churchill campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Education
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Public Sector: Pay
- Drugs: Licensing
- Schools: Suffolk
- Personal Independence Payment
Currently held offices
- Assistant Whip (HM Treasury) (since 9 Jan 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 31 Oct 2016)
- Member, Women and Equalities Committee (6 Jul 2015 to 23 Jan 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 48 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Jo Churchill’s speeches
- Has received answers to 25 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 95.97% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 75 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Jo Churchill’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 91 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 19 Feb 2018.
Name of donor: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Qatar
Address of donor: Qatar Embassy, 1 South Audley St, London W1K 1NB
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): Air travel, food and accommodation with a value of £5,100
Destination of visit: Qatar
Date of visit: 14-17 February 2017
Purpose of visit: British-Qatar APPG
visit to meet Ministers, officials, visit world cup sites and discuss issues of bilateral relations and regional crises.
(Registered 09 March 2017
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
Three flats in Grantham, owned jointly with my husband: (i) and since 7 May 2015 (ii). (Registered 4 June 2015; updated 18 January 2016)
House in Newark, owned jointly with my husband: (i) and since 7 May 2015 (ii). (Registered 4 June 2015; updated 18 January 2016)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
South Lincolnshire Scaffolding Ltd. (Registered 04 June 2015)
Trustee of SLS
Pension Fund. (Registered 04 June 2015)
Directorship 50% of SLS Ltd (non-functioning). (Registered 04 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from