A selection of Rebecca Pow's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
4 votes for, 16 votes against, 3 absences, between 2016–2017
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Almost always voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
17 votes for, 0 votes against, 6 absences, between 2015–2016
Generally voted against a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Generally voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
0 votes for, 5 votes against, 3 absences, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
4 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Rebecca Pow’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Rebecca Pow’s full vote analysis page for more.
To pick up the Minister’s point about the rural connection, this is a massive selling point for the Wells bid. We are finding that the urban-rural divide is getting larger. If we could do something to link the two better, perhaps through the arts, that would be a really positive move.
I applaud my hon. Friend for bringing this debate to the Chamber. One of the big drivers behind cities of culture is improving economic prosperity. As my hon. Friend says, Wells, with its cathedral, is a glorious location. It was the location for the film “Hot Fuzz”. My dad went to school there, at the Blue School. It is important to recognise that Wells sits in a poor rural...
I wonder if my hon. Friend will give me the pleasure of intervening again, as I am the only other Back Bencher here?
More of Rebecca Pow’s recent appearances
Former Conservative MP for Taunton Deane
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Rebecca Pow campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for Transport
- Department of Health
- Department for Education
- Hinkley Point C Power Station
- Colorectal Cancer
- Trees: Diseases
- Coal: Export Credit Guarantees
- Agriculture and Water: Israel
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Sub-Committee (2 Nov 2016 to 22 Mar 2017)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 31 Oct 2016)
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 86 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Rebecca Pow’s speeches
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.80% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 86 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 109 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Conservative Friends of Israel Ltd
Address of donor: PO
Box 72288, London SW1P 9LB
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Travel and accommodation with a value of £2,000
Destination of visit: Israel and the West Bank
Dates of visit: 25-30 September 2016
Purpose of visit: Fact finding political delegation.
(Registered 20 October 2016
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: Saudi Arabia Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Address of donor: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, PO Box 55937, Riyadh 11544
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): accommodation, food and transport with a total value of £3,187
Destination of visit: Saudi Arabia
Date of visit: 2-5 April 2017
Purpose of visit: Conservative Middle East Council Parliamentary fact finding.
(Registered 24 April 2017)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
House in Somerset: (i) and (ii). (Registered 02 June 2015
House in Somerset, owned jointly with my sister: (i) and (ii). (Registered 02 June 2015)
Agricultural land owned jointly with other family members: (i) and (ii) including income from a telecom mast. (Registered 02 June 2015)
Commercial building in Somerset, of which I own a 10 percent share: (i) and (ii). (Registered 02 June 2015)
Council Member of Royal Bath-West Society, unpaid. (Registered 02 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from