Rebecca Pow’s voting in Parliament
Rebecca Pow is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Rebecca Pow sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Rebecca Pow consistently voted against an investigation into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Rebecca Pow’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Rebecca Pow’s full vote analysis page for more.
Rebecca Pow has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what recent cooperation his Department has had with Israel on agriscience and water science; and how the UK has benefited from Israeli innovation in that area.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, with reference to the report of Bowel cancer UK on Lynch syndrome, published in February 2017, what steps have been taken to (a) identify people who have Lynch syndrome and (b) manage the risk to those people once they come under surveillance.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what the implications for his policies on the identification and management of people with Lynch syndrome are of the findings of Bowel Cancer UK's report, entitled Lynch syndrome: Who's responsible, published in February 2017.
More of Rebecca Pow’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Taunton Deane
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Rebecca Pow campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for Transport
- Department for Education
- Department for International Development
- Hinkley Point C Power Station
- Trees: Diseases
- Coal: Export Credit Guarantees
- Pollinators: Conservation
- Horticulture: Training
Currently held offices
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee (since 8 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Sub-Committee (2 Nov 2016 to 22 Mar 2017)
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 31 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 94 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Rebecca Pow’s speeches
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.29% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 15–16 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 84 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Rebecca Pow’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 103 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Mar 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Conservative Friends of Israel Ltd
Address of donor: PO
Box 72288, London SW1P 9LB
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Travel and accommodation with a value of £2,000
Destination of visit: Israel and the West Bank
Dates of visit: 25-30 September 2016
Purpose of visit: Fact finding political delegation.
(Registered 20 October 2016
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
House in Somerset: (i) and (ii). (Registered 02 June 2015
House in Somerset, owned jointly with my sister: (i) and (ii). (Registered 02 June 2015)
Agricultural land owned jointly with other family members: (i) and (ii) including income from a telecom mast. (Registered 02 June 2015)
Commercial building in Somerset, of which I own a 10 percent share: (i) and (ii). (Registered 02 June 2015)
Council Member of Royal Bath-West Society, unpaid. (Registered 02 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from