Carol Monaghan campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Carol Monaghan’s voting in Parliament
Carol Monaghan is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Carol Monaghan’s votes.
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
We have lots more plain English analysis of Carol Monaghan’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Carol Monaghan’s full vote analysis page for more.
Carol Monaghan has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Scottish National Party MP for Glasgow North West
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Office
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department of Health
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- HM Treasury
- Immigration: Married People
- Science: Research
- Refugees: Calais
- Welfare Tax Credits
- Refugee Camps: Calais
Currently held offices
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (since 13 Jul 2015)
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Public Services and Education) (since 20 May 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 64 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Carol Monaghan’s speeches
- Has received answers to 35 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 60.66% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 107 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Carol Monaghan’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 65 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from