Mary Robinson’s voting in Parliament
Mary Robinson is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Mary Robinson sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Mary Robinson consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Mary Robinson consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mary Robinson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mary Robinson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mary Robinson has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2017
I agree with my hon. Friend: this is about the impact on local communities when waste is left on a site. These are recreational spaces—in my case, on Park Road football field in Cheadle—and are left in a terrible state afterwards. There is also quite a substantial clean-up cost to the community, which leads to that feeling of real resentment against the unauthorised encampments...
Almost 500 Monarch staff are based at Manchester airport, and many are my constituents, so I am grateful to hear the assurances that the Government will work with the industry to support staff back into work. Will the Secretary of State outline what more support will be given to our regional jobcentres to assist my constituents who have lost their Monarch jobs?
More of Mary Robinson’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Cheadle
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Mary Robinson campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Transport
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department of Health
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Blue Badge Scheme: Parents
- Private Rented Housing: Disability
- Bus Services: Greater Manchester
- India: Political Prisoners
- Manchester Airport: Accidents
Currently held offices
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (16 Jan 2017 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (13 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 24 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Mary Robinson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 5 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 115 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mary Robinson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 28 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Oct 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Miss Minara Cook
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: individual
(Registered 05 July 2017
Name of donor: Midland Food Group Ltd
Address of donor: Stringes Lane, Willenhall WV13 1LX
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: company, registration 01104045
(Registered 05 July 2017)
Name of donor: Philip J Davies Holdings PLC
Address of donor: St Georges House, 215-219 Chester Road, Manchester M15 4JE
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £10,000
Donor status: company, registration 00876255
(Registered 05 July 2017)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Mary Felicity Design Ltd; clothing design company. (Registered 03 June 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from