Mary Robinson’s voting in Parliament
Mary Robinson is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Mary Robinson sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Mary Robinson consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Mary Robinson consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mary Robinson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mary Robinson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mary Robinson has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
I congratulate the hon. Lady on securing this important debate. I am particularly concerned about the continued incarceration of my constituent Roya Nobakht, who is being held in Evin prison, having been charged with gathering and participation with intent to commit crime against national security, due to a comment on Facebook. Will the hon. Lady join me in calling on all the authorities to...
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what plans he has to increase the engagement of community organisations in decision making on Neighbourhood Plans.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what the timetable is for Greater Manchester to receive the powers set out in the Buses Act 2017.
More of Mary Robinson’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Cheadle
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Mary Robinson campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Transport
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department of Health
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Blue Badge Scheme: Parents
- Private Rented Housing: Disability
- Bus Services: Greater Manchester
- India: Political Prisoners
- Manchester Airport: Accidents
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (16 Jan 2017 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (13 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 24 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Mary Robinson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 114 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mary Robinson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 26 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 31 Jul 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Miss Minara Cook
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: individual
(Registered 05 July 2017
Name of donor: Midland Food Group Ltd
Address of donor: Stringes Lane, Willenhall WV13 1LX
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: company, registration 01104045
(Registered 05 July 2017)
Name of donor: Philip J Davies Holdings PLC
Address of donor: St Georges House, 215-219 Chester Road, Manchester M15 4JE
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £10,000
Donor status: company, registration 00876255
(Registered 05 July 2017)
Name of donor: BASF
Address of donor: BASF SE
/S - C100, 67056 Ludwigshafen am Rhein, Germany
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights £359.58 and accommodation £117.28, total £476.86
Destination of visit: Ludwigshafen, Germany
Date of visit: 21-22 July 2016
Purpose of visit: tour of BASF SE global headquarters and new research centre, with breakout sessions with BASF Group representatives.
(Registered 08 August 2016
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Mary Felicity Design Ltd; clothing design company. (Registered 03 June 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from