Mary Robinson’s voting in Parliament
Mary Robinson is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Mary Robinson sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Mary Robinson voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Mary Robinson voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Mary Robinson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Mary Robinson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Mary Robinson has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 5 Sep 2018
Fifty-one per cent. of the north-west’s goods exports go to non-EU countries, which is hugely important for Greater Manchester. What discussions has the Mayor of Greater Manchester had with the Department about Greater Manchester’s trade strategy as we leave the EU?
What progress the Board of Trade has made on its work programme.
What steps his Department is taking to increase the number of good school places.
More of Mary Robinson’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Cheadle
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Mary Robinson campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Transport
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department of Health
- Department for International Trade
- Blue Badge Scheme: Parents
- *No heading*
- Private Rented Housing: Disability
- Bus Services: Greater Manchester
- Board of Trade
Currently held offices
- Member, European Statutory Instruments Committee (since 18 Jul 2018)
- Member, Administration Committee (since 30 Oct 2017)
- Member, Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Administration Committee (16 Jan 2017 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Housing, Communities and Local Government Committee (13 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 61 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Mary Robinson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 95.40% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 116 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Mary Robinson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 48 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Sep 2018.
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Catholic Bishops
’ Conference of England and Wales
Address of donor: 39 Eccleston Square, London SW1V 1BX
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: educational allowance of £5,437 and accommodation with a value of £9,057.14 provided for an intern in my parliamentary office for 10 months
Date received: 9 October 2017
to 5 July 2018
Date accepted: 9 October 2017
Donor status: charity, registration 1097482
(Registered 21 November 2017
; updated 1 December 2017
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Mary Felicity Design Ltd; clothing design company. (Registered 03 June 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from