Thangam Debbonaire’s voting in Parliament
Thangam Debbonaire is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Thangam Debbonaire’s votes.
Generally voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2016–2017
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
10 votes for, 2 votes against, 12 absences, between 2016–2017
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Voted a mixture of for and against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 0 votes against, 22 absences, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs
We have lots more plain English analysis of Thangam Debbonaire’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Thangam Debbonaire’s full vote analysis page for more.
Thangam Debbonaire has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 21 Nov 2017
If she will list her official engagements for Wednesday 22 November.
The BBC is currently broadcasting “Drugsland”, a documentary series shot in my Bristol West constituency showing the catastrophic impact of drugs and drug laws on not just users, but the police and innocent bystanders. Will the Prime Minister commit to watching “Drugsland” and to setting up a royal commission on our drug laws, which are plainly failing?
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what steps his Department has taken to ensure that training offered to those carrying out work capability assessments complies with statutory obligations under the Autism Act 2009.
More of Thangam Debbonaire’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bristol West
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Thangam Debbonaire campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Office
- Department of Health
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Education
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Refugees: Loans
- Asylum: Children
- Asylum: EU Law
- Refugees: Children
Currently held offices
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (since 18 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (14 Jan 2016 to 18 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 52 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Thangam Debbonaire’s speeches
- Has received answers to 105 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 87.50% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 158 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Thangam Debbonaire’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 39 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Nov 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Musicians Union
Address of donor: 60-62 Clapham Road, London SW9 0JJ
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 03 July 2017
Name of donor: UNISON
Address of donor: Ground Floor, 2 Tangier Central, Castle Street, Taunton TA1 4AB
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £4,000
Donor status: trade union
(Registered 07 July 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from