Thangam Debbonaire campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Thangam Debbonaire’s voting in Parliament
Thangam Debbonaire is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Thangam Debbonaire’s votes.
Has never voted on a reduction in spending on welfare benefits
Has never voted on paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
Consistently voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Thangam Debbonaire’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Thangam Debbonaire’s full vote analysis page for more.
Thangam Debbonaire has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
My hon. Friend is making a very powerful speech and of course I agree with every word. Like her, before becoming an MP I spent my life in the domestic and sexual violence world. Does she agree that we really need proper, high-quality and well integrated perpetrator programmes, as well as sex and relationships education? The one does prevention and the other tries to make things better when...
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many refugees have resettled in the UK under the Vulnerable Persons Resettlement Scheme in the most recent period for which figures are available.
More of Thangam Debbonaire’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bristol West
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Office
- Department of Health
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Refugees: Loans
- Asylum: EU Law
- Asylum: Children
- British Nationality
Currently held offices
- Opposition Whip (Commons) (since 18 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (14 Jan 2016 to 18 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Thangam Debbonaire’s speeches
- Has received answers to 175 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 17.47% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 150 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Thangam Debbonaire’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 29 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from