Thangam Debbonaire campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Thangam Debbonaire’s voting in Parliament
Thangam Debbonaire is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Thangam Debbonaire’s votes.
Has never voted on a reduction in spending on welfare benefits
Has never voted on replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system
Has never voted on more EU integration
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs
Has never voted on paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability
We have lots more plain English analysis of Thangam Debbonaire’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Thangam Debbonaire’s full vote analysis page for more.
Thangam Debbonaire has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what recent discussions he has had with NHS England on the future of the common cancer clinical reference groups.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what steps his Department is taking to reduce the number of women dying as a result of breast cancer.
To ask the Secretary of State for International Trade, if he will make it his Department's policy to ensure that trade negotiations are linked to the UK's human rights obligations.
More of Thangam Debbonaire’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bristol West
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Office
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Refugees: Loans
- Asylum: EU Law
- Asylum: Children
- British Nationality
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Culture, Media and Sport) (since 14 Jan 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 13 debates in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Thangam Debbonaire’s speeches
- Has received answers to 154 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 12.20% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 151 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Thangam Debbonaire’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 14 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from