Corri Wilson’s voting in Parliament
Corri Wilson is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Corri Wilson’s votes.
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
14 votes for, 2 votes against, 5 absences, between 2016–2017
Consistently voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
8 votes for, 0 votes against, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
Has never voted on reducing central government funding of local government
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 18 votes against, 5 absences, between 2015–2016
Almost always voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Corri Wilson’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Corri Wilson’s full vote analysis page for more.
Corri Wilson has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, with reference to paragraph 6.1 of the Spring Budget 2017, what steps he plans to take to ensure that the £2 billion for social care will be delivered to frontline services and not subsumed by other council expenditure.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, if he will make an assessment of the implications for his Department's policies of the report by Sense on 2 March 2017 on reductions in the number of people receiving sensory support in the last year; and what steps he is taking to ensure that such disabled people receive support.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what steps he is taking to ensure that disabled people of all ages have equal access to social care; and with reference to paragraph 6.1 of the Spring Budget 2017, if he will make representations to councils to ensure that funding for social care is equally distributed among disabled people of all ages.
More of Corri Wilson’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Ayr, Carrick and Cumnock
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Corri Wilson campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Work and Pensions
- HM Treasury
- Department of Health
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Scotland Office
- Revenue and Customs: Correspondence
- Counterfeit Manufacturing: Scotland
- Employment and Support Allowance: Cancer
- Personal Independence Payment
- Social Security Benefits: Cancer
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 18 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Corri Wilson’s speeches
- Has received answers to 27 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 60.13% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 51 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Corri Wilson’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 26 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Mar 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: William Hill
Address of donor: Greenside House, 50 Station Road, Wood Green, London N22 7TP
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: for myself and a guest, race tickets and hospitality with a total value of £400
Date received: 17 September 2016
Date accepted: 17 September 2016
Donor status: company, registration 00278208
(Registered 30 September 2016)
Name of donor: Scottish Racing Marketing Ltd
Address of donor: Hamilton Park Racecourse, Bothwell Road, Hamilton, ML3 0DW
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: A metal badge entitling the bearer to admittance to every race meeting in Scotland during 2017. The badge is not available for purchase but its estimated value is between £0 - £1,000, depending on usage.
Date received: 9 January 2017
Date accepted: 9 January 2017
Donor status: company, registration 82990
(Registered 24 January 2017)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Caledonii Resources Ltd; event management and business support. This company ceased trading on 8 May 2015
. (Registered 5 June 2015
; updated 1 February 2016
9. Family members employed and paid from parliamentary expenses
Until 31 August 2016
, I employed my son, Kieran Donoghue, as Caseworker/Personal Assistant. (Registered 05 June 2015; updated 27 September 2016)
From 15 September 2016, I employ my daughter, Shannon Donoghue, as Caseworker/Personal Assistant. (Registered 27 September 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from