A selection of Callum McCaig's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
17 votes for, 3 votes against, 3 absences, between 2016–2017
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Callum McCaig’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Callum McCaig’s full vote analysis page for more.
In an act of self-determination, the Scottish Parliament voted yesterday to hold an independence referendum. The Prime Minister has repeatedly said that now is not the time, which is interesting as nobody is planning to hold a referendum now, only at the conclusion of the negotiations that commence today. To paraphrase Ruth Davidson, what part of “now” does the Prime Minister not understand?
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, what the average price of electricity exported from the UK through interconnectors was in the last 12 months.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, how much electricity was exported from the UK through interconnectors in the last 12 months.
More of Callum McCaig’s recent appearances
Former Scottish National Party MP for Aberdeen South
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Callum McCaig campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- HM Treasury
- Department for International Trade
- Department for International Development
- Fossil Fuels: Nigeria
- Renewable Energy
- Renewable Energy: Heating
- Carbon Sequestration
- Apprentices: Taxation
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Energy and Climate Change) (20 May 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Future MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 49 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Callum McCaig’s speeches
- Has received answers to 95 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 65.95% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 23 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 81 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from