Callum McCaig’s voting in Parliament
Callum McCaig is a Scottish National Party MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Scottish National Party MPs.
This is a selection of Callum McCaig’s votes.
Generally voted for a more proportional system for electing MPs Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 20 votes against, 3 absences, between 2015–2016
Has never voted on an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency
Consistently voted against a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, between 2015–2016
Consistently voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
0 votes for, 4 votes against, in 2016
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Callum McCaig’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Callum McCaig’s full vote analysis page for more.
Callum McCaig has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, what the average price of electricity exported from the UK through interconnectors was in the last 12 months.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, how much electricity was exported from the UK through interconnectors in the last 12 months.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, what the average price of electricity imported into the UK through interconnectors was in the last 12 months.
More of Callum McCaig’s recent appearances
Scottish National Party MP for Aberdeen South
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Callum McCaig campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Department for Business
- Energy and Industrial Strategy
- HM Treasury
- Department for International Trade
- Department for International Development
- Fossil Fuels: Nigeria
- Renewable Energy
- Renewable Energy: Heating
- Carbon Sequestration
- Apprentices: Taxation
Currently held offices
- Shadow SNP Westminster Group Leader (Energy and Climate Change) (since 20 May 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 59 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Callum McCaig’s speeches
- Has received answers to 98 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 67.03% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 52 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Callum McCaig’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 81 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 20 Mar 2017.
Name of donor: Christian Aid
Address of donor: 35 Lower Marsh, London SE1 7RL
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): travel, accommodation and meals with a total value of £2,075
Destination of visit: Philippines
Date of visit: 14-21 February 2016
Purpose of visit: to visit communities directly affected by climate change, meet parliamentarians, officials, and GLOBE members working on the issue, and to meet Christian Aid partner organisations.
(Registered 15 March 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from