Edward Argar campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Edward Argar’s voting in Parliament
Edward Argar is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Edward Argar sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Edward Argar consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Edward Argar’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Edward Argar’s full vote analysis page for more.
Edward Argar has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Although the current police funding formula has not been fully applied to Leicestershire police, meaning a loss of £5.6 million annually even under that unfair funding formula, Chief Constable Simon Cole and his excellent team of officers have continued to drive down crime locally, but can my right hon. Friend reassure me, and them, that they and Leicestershire will secure a fair funding...
It is a pleasure to follow the hon. Member for Glasgow Central (Alison Thewliss). I have to say, however, that although she said that she was not getting answers from the Government, I know—having read the reports of Westminster Hall debates—that not only are she and her constituents getting answers, but, more important, her constituents are getting jobs as a result of the...
It is a pleasure, tempered only slightly by the small element of party politics injected into what has been a very non-party political and good-humoured debate, to follow the shadow Minister. I pay tribute to my hon. Friend the Member for Torbay (Kevin Foster) for introducing the Bill. He is always an assiduous parliamentarian and performer in this Chamber. It is always a pleasure to listen...
More of Edward Argar’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Charnwood
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department for International Development
- Department of Health
- Home Office
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Culture Media and Sport
- Developing Countries: Contracts
- Yemen: Armed Conflict
- Asylum: Children
- Broadband: Charnwood
- Schools: Defibrillators
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Procedure Committee (13 Jul 2015 to 21 Nov 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 34 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Edward Argar’s speeches
- Has received answers to 23 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.94% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 44 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Edward Argar’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 33 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 9 Jan 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: David Brownlow
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: guest at Conservative Party Summer Dinner/Party, value £1,500
Date received: 29 June 2016
Date accepted: 29 June 2016
Donor status: individual
(Registered 13 July 2016
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: Conservative Friends of Israel Ltd
Address of donor: PO
Box 72288, London SW1P 9LB
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation and meals with a value of £2,000
Destination of visit: Israel and Palestinian West Bank
Date of visit: 14-19 February 2016
Purpose of visit: fact finding political delegation.
(Registered 01 March 2016
Name of donor: Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Address of donor: PO Box 55937, Riyadh 11544
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights, accommodation and transport with a total value of £3,717
Destination of visit: Saudi Arabia
Date of visit: 3-6 April 2016
Purpose of visit: Parliamentary fact-finding.
(Registered 12 April 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from