Edward Argar’s voting in Parliament
Edward Argar is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Edward Argar sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Edward Argar consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Edward Argar consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Edward Argar’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Edward Argar’s full vote analysis page for more.
Edward Argar has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what discussions he or Ministers of his Department have had with representatives of the (a) insurance, (b) mortgage and (c) banking industry on updating their standard terms and conditions to reflect increased life expectancy and later retirement and pension ages.
What recent assessment he has made of the political situation in Northern Ireland.
I thank the Secretary of State for that answer, as I thank him, as I hope would all Members, for his clear determination, commitment and hard work in the cause of seeking a return to the power-sharing devolved Administration we all wish to see. With that in mind, does he share my view that it is vital that all parties in Northern Ireland continue to approach these discussions in a spirit of...
More of Edward Argar’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Charnwood
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Edward Argar campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for International Development
- Department of Health
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- HM Treasury
- Developing Countries: Contracts
- Yemen: Armed Conflict
- Asylum: Children
- Broadband: Charnwood
- Algeria: Politics and Government
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Procedure Committee (13 Jul 2015 to 21 Nov 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 34 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Edward Argar’s speeches
- Has received answers to 28 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 100.00% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 50 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Edward Argar’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 39 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Sep 2017.
Name of donor: Indian High Commission
/Government of India
Address of donor: India House, Aldwych, London WC2B 4NA
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights £2,500; accommodation and hospitality £1,500; total value £4,000
Destination of visit: New Delhi, India
Dates of visit: 12-18 February 2017
Purpose of visit: Indo-British APPG
familiarisation visit to develop understanding of Indian policy aims and meet key decision makers in government and business.
(Registered 07 March 2017
Name of donor: United Arab Emirates
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Address of donor: Al Bateen, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights, accommodation and food with a value of £3,500
Destination of visit: United Arab Emirates
Dates of visit: 1-7 April 2017
Purpose of visit: As part of the UAE
APPG, to meet with Government Ministers, Members of the Federal National Council
and senior business figures to build on the bilateral relationship and promote trade and investment ties.
(Registered 24 April 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from