Edward Argar’s voting in Parliament
Edward Argar is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Edward Argar sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Edward Argar voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Edward Argar voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Edward Argar’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Edward Argar’s full vote analysis page for more.
Edward Argar has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 May 2018
Will the hon. Gentleman give way?
What steps her Department plans to take at the forthcoming global disability summit to promote disability inclusion in international development.
I welcome that answer. I recently met Sightsavers, a fantastic charity doing great work tackling sight loss and the stigma faced by disabled people around the world, particularly in the developing world. Can my right hon. Friend reassure me that at this important summit she will join with it in pressing for concrete goals for Governments to tackle the stigma faced by disabled people around...
More of Edward Argar’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Charnwood
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Edward Argar campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for International Development
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department of Health
- Department for Education
- Home Office
- Developing Countries: Contracts
- Yemen: Armed Conflict
- Asylum: Children
- Broadband: Charnwood
- Algeria: Politics and Government
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Procedure Committee (13 Jul 2015 to 21 Nov 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 47 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Edward Argar’s speeches
- Has received answers to 17 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 96.95% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 56 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Edward Argar’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 61 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from