Edward Argar’s voting in Parliament
Edward Argar is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Edward Argar sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Edward Argar voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Edward Argar voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Edward Argar’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Edward Argar’s full vote analysis page for more.
Edward Argar has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Jun 2018
HMCTS has a well-developed engagement framework in place which ensures national and regional issues are consulted on at an appropriate level with our trade unions. Part of this incorporates a monthly People Impact Forum which is facilitated through our Employee Relations and People and Cultural Transition teams, wherein matters including staffing are discussed with Departmental Trade Union...
Between 11 April and 11 May Dr Phillip Lee MP spent 10 days in the Ministry of Justice; David Gauke MP 14 days; Lucy Frazer MP 15 days and Rory Stewart MP 6 days. Lord Keen has a dual role as Advocate General for Scotland and MoJ spokesperson in the House of Lords, as such, he spent 4 days in the department on Ministry of Justice business. All ministers are required to split their...
The female offender strategy applies across England and Wales. We do not believe that there will be any Barnett consequentials, however we will keep funding under review as this work progresses. We will continue to work with the Welsh Government and other partners to ensure justice services are delivered in a way that reflects the Welsh landscape to improve outcomes for female offenders.
More of Edward Argar’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Charnwood
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Edward Argar campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for International Development
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department of Health
- Department for Education
- Home Office
- Developing Countries: Contracts
- Yemen: Armed Conflict
- Asylum: Children
- Broadband: Charnwood
- Algeria: Politics and Government
Currently held offices
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Justice (since 14 Jun 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Procedure Committee (13 Jul 2015 to 21 Nov 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 48 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Edward Argar’s speeches
- Has received answers to 14 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 97.32% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 19–20 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 56 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Edward Argar’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 69 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 Jul 2018.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: Tarmac Ltd
Address of donor: Portland House, Bickenhill Lane, Birmingham B37 7BQ
Amount of donation, or nature and value if donation in kind: Place on Tarmac's table at the CBI
annual Dinner, with a value of £380
Date received: 22 May 2018
Date accepted: 22 May 2018
Donor status: company, registration 453791
(Registered 11 June 2018
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from