Matt Warman’s voting in Parliament
Matt Warman is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Matt Warman sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Matt Warman consistently voted for allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Matt Warman consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Matt Warman consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Matt Warman’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Matt Warman’s full vote analysis page for more.
Matt Warman has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, how many farms in (a) Boston and Skegness constituency, (b) Lincolnshire and (c) England are in receipt of EU subsidies; and how much the total value of the subsidies was in (i) 2014-15 and (ii) 2015-16.
Does my hon. Friend agree that this is an example of measuring success in terms not of the revenue raised but the behaviour that we change, and that the evidence that he talks about will not only change behaviour but genuinely change people’s lives in all our constituencies?
What fiscal steps he is taking to develop the UK’s digital infrastructure.
More of Matt Warman’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Boston and Skegness
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Matt Warman campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Ministry of Justice
- Department of Health
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Public Sector: Immigrants
- General Practitioners
- Average Earnings and Inflation
- Agriculture: Subsidies
- Low Pay
Currently held offices
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (since 13 Jul 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Draft Investigatory Powers Bill (Joint Committee) (5 Nov 2015 to 11 Feb 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 50 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Matt Warman’s speeches
- Has received answers to 6 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 89.94% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 50 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Matt Warman’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 55 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from