Karin Smyth’s voting in Parliament
Karin Smyth is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Karin Smyth’s votes.
Voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
Generally voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, 1 absence, between 2016–2018
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
3 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Almost always voted against a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
0 votes for, 18 votes against, 5 absences, between 2015–2016
Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs
We have lots more plain English analysis of Karin Smyth’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Karin Smyth’s full vote analysis page for more.
Karin Smyth has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 13 Jun 2018
Baroness Newlove, in terms of the sorts of things you would like to see for victim support, are you looking at models elsewhere in the world and considering whether they may be helpful for us? I know you are working on it here, but is there anywhere else that looks goodQ ?
Q I do not disagree. I am just interested in whether there are places that could be considered with other resources.
Q Thank you. This question is for Ms Longfield. We heard that a lot of the crime associated with the sorts of weapons we are looking at is around London, where there are major problems. Do you have a view about the geographical spread of the problems we all have in relation to the outcomes of the sorts of things we are looking at in the Bill?
More of Karin Smyth’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bristol South
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Karin Smyth campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Home Office
- Department for Education
- NHS Property and Estates Review
- NHS Property Services
- Children: Maintenance
- General Practitioners: Bristol
- NHS Property Board
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (7 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 68 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Karin Smyth’s speeches
- Has received answers to 87 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 79.46% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 88 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Karin Smyth’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 66 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from