A selection of Karin Smyth's votes
See full list of topics voted on
Generally voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2016–2017
Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs
Voted a mixture of for and against more EU integration Show votes
8 votes for, 8 votes against, 7 absences, between 2016–2017
Consistently voted for a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
Consistently voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
Generally voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Karin Smyth’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Karin Smyth’s full vote analysis page for more.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what assessment she has made of the potential merits of introducing a compulsory trigger lock on air rifles; and if she will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, whether hon. Members are able to access (a) funding for apprenticeships and (b) apprentices on account of the House's contribution to the apprenticeship levy; and if she will make a statement.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, with reference to the combined salary bill of hon. members and Members of the House of Lords being in excess of the threshold for payment of the apprenticeship levy, if she will take steps to facilitate parliamentarians in contributing to and accessing funding for apprenticeships both in Parliament and in their parliamentary constituencies; and if...
More of Karin Smyth’s recent appearances
Former Labour MP for Bristol South
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Left the House of Commons on 3 May 2017 — Dissolved for election
Topics of interest
Karin Smyth campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Education
- Home Office
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- General Practitioners: Bristol
- Health Professions: Registration
- Children: Maintenance
- NHS Property Services
- Apprentices: Taxation
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Accounts Committee (7 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 32 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Karin Smyth’s speeches
- Has received answers to 48 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 68.95% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 74 people are tracking this MP
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 33 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
Name of donor: Healthcare Denmark
Address of donor: Forskerparken 10H, 5230 Odense, Denmark
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights and accommodation with a value of £946.14, plus reimbursement of expenses £23.49, total £969.63.
Destination of visit: Denmark
Dates of visit: 5-7 October 2016
Purpose of visit: Healthcare Denmark ambassador summit.
(Registered 14 October 2016; updated 07 December 2016
Name of donor: Falkland Islands Government
Address of donor: The Secretariat, Stanley, Falkland Islands FIQQ 1ZZ
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights, accommodation, meals and transport with a value of £3,124.55
Destination of visit: Falkland Islands
Dates of visit: 16-22 February 2017
Purpose of visit: Familiarisation.
(Registered 15 March 2017
From October 2016, Ambassador (unremunerated) for Healthcare Denmark, a body established by the Danish Government
in partnership with public and private providers. (Registered 21 October 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from