Seema Kennedy’s voting in Parliament
Seema Kennedy is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Seema Kennedy sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Seema Kennedy voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Seema Kennedy voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Seema Kennedy’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Seema Kennedy’s full vote analysis page for more.
Seema Kennedy has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
I thank the hon. Lady, who is my friend, for giving way. I pay tribute to the partner organisations that have worked with the hon. Lady and me on making the Jo Cox Commission on Loneliness such a success. I thank Ruth Price, Julianne Marriott and Danielle Grufferty for all their dedication in supporting the commission’s work. I know it is not normal for the Prime Minister’s...
Iran has committed hundreds of troops and billions of dollars to Syria. Furthermore, many Iranians in living memory have been victims of chemical attacks. Will my right hon. Friend reassure the House that his Department is taking advantage of the full diplomatic relations that we now have with Iran to put pressure on the Assad regime?
Many vegetable growers in South Ribble rely on migrant labour and easy access to European markets for their exports. Can my right hon. Friend reassure my constituents that British farming will be a priority in her and her team’s negotiations?
More of Seema Kennedy’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for South Ribble
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Seema Kennedy campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- HM Treasury
- Drinking Water: Contamination
- Skilled Workers: Vacancies
- Fuel Poverty: Mobile Homes
- Financial Services
- Organised Crime: Northern Ireland
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 1 debate in the last year — well below average amongst MPs. See all Seema Kennedy’s speeches
- Has received answers to 0 written questions in the last year — well below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 90.38% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 1 annotation on this MP’s speeches — average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 106 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Seema Kennedy’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 58 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Sep 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
Tustin Developments Ltd, Red Scar Business Park, Longridge Road, Preston PR2 5NE. Until further notice, paid £624 per month for management duties, with the benefit of a car valued at £2,764 per annum, and two phones with an approximate total value of £500 per annum. Hours: 4 hrs per month. (Registered 3 June 2015
; updated 9 December 2015
2. (b) Any other support not included in Category 2
Name of donor: Tustin Developments Ltd
Address of donor: Tustin House, Red Scar Business Park, Longridge Road, Preston PR2 5NE
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £3,500 notional value of rent per annum, starting from 1 August 2014
and expected to continue until 2020.
Date received: 1 August 2014
Date accepted: 1 August 2014
Donor status: company, registration 01894292
(Registered 03 June 2015)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
House in Hertfordshire, owned jointly with a family member: (i). (Registered 03 June 2015)
House in Lancashire, owned jointly with a family member: (i). (Registered 03 June 2015)
7. (ii) Other shareholdings, valued at more than £70,000
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from