Julian Knight’s voting in Parliament
Julian Knight is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Julian Knight sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Julian Knight consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Julian Knight’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Julian Knight’s full vote analysis page for more.
Julian Knight has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
At the general election, the Labour party managed to rally an extraordinary number of young people to its cause—in one constituency, it even had young people standing on roundabouts with “Vote Labour” signs. I am sure many Labour Members will concede that they have those votes to thank for their place in this House today. It is not difficult to see why students were tempted:...
I am not going to give way at the moment. Loans are available in this progressive system to everybody. They are paid back only when the student is earning enough to afford it, and the amount to be repaid scales up with income. Effectively, student loans are a type of graduate tax, rather than a tax on everyone, including everyone who does not go to university. No bailiffs are sent out to...
I am not going to give way, I am afraid.
More of Julian Knight’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Solihull
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Julian Knight campaigned to remain in the European Union
- HM Treasury
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department of Health
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Home Office
- Individual Savings Accounts
- Housing: Construction
- Breast Cancer
- Children: Day Care
- Loans: Defaulters
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (12 Dec 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (13 Jul 2015 to 18 Apr 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 37 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Julian Knight’s speeches
- Has received answers to 43 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 77.78% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 72 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Julian Knight’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 78 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Royalties from Wileys, The Atrium, Southern Gate, Chichester PO19 5QD, for book written before I was elected:
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from