Julian Knight’s voting in Parliament
Julian Knight is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Julian Knight sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Julian Knight consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Julian Knight’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Julian Knight’s full vote analysis page for more.
Julian Knight has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 29 Jun 2017
If she will make a statement on her departmental responsibilities.
It will be worth waiting for. The west midlands creative industry punches well above its weight, yet over the years we have seen poor investment from the BBC and, to a lesser extent, ITV. Is there not a great opportunity for Channel 4 to make use of our diverse communities and talent, blaze a trail, and relocate to the west midlands?
To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what the evidential basis is for the projected increase in longevity for women affected by the Pensions Acts of 1995 and 2011.
More of Julian Knight’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Solihull
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Julian Knight campaigned to remain in the European Union
- HM Treasury
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department of Health
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Home Office
- Individual Savings Accounts
- Travellers: Caravan Sites
- Housing: Construction
- Breast Cancer
- Children: Day Care
Currently held offices
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Member, Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (12 Dec 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Communities and Local Government Committee (13 Jul 2015 to 18 Apr 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 39 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Julian Knight’s speeches
- Has received answers to 36 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 88.89% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 76 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Julian Knight’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 80 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Sep 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Royalties from Wileys, The Atrium, Southern Gate, Chichester PO19 5QD, for book written before I was elected:
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Hogarths Hotel
Address of donor: Four Ashes Road, Dorridge B93 8QE
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: company, registration 05067848
(Registered 03 July 2017
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from