Daniel Zeichner campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Daniel Zeichner’s voting in Parliament
Daniel Zeichner is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Daniel Zeichner sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Daniel Zeichner generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
Daniel Zeichner generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Daniel Zeichner’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Daniel Zeichner’s full vote analysis page for more.
Daniel Zeichner has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
It is a pleasure to follow my hon. Friend the Member for St Helens South and Whiston (Marie Rimmer) and my constituency neighbour the hon. Member for South Cambridgeshire (Heidi Allen). I am sure the hon. Lady agrees with me when I say that housing in Cambridge is now fearsomely expensive. The price of a terraced house in Cambridge is almost £500,000, and the average rent is twice the...
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, what assessment he has made of the effect of the vote to leave the EU on academic collaboration.
To ask the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, what assessment he has made of the immediate effect of the vote to leave the EU on UK research (a) in general and (b) funding.
More of Daniel Zeichner’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Cambridge
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department for Transport
- Department of Health
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Home Office
- Roads: Repairs and Maintenance
- Bus Services
- Cycling: Finance
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Transport) (since 18 Sep 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (13 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 75 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Daniel Zeichner’s speeches
- Has received answers to 369 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.19% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 149 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Daniel Zeichner’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 61 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Jul 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
8 July 2015
, received £200 from Ipsos MORI
, 79-81 Borough Road, London SE1 1FY, for completing a survey. Hours: 45 mins. (Registered 12 August 2015
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: All-Party Parliamentary China Group (with sponsorship from John Swire
& Sons, HSBC
, City of London, Cambridge Assessment, and Arup)
Address of donor: House of Commons
, London SW1A 0AA
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights £1,872.02, accommodation £404.78, domestic transport £179.13, food and drink £205.06, meeting and hospitality expenses (inc. interpretation, venue hire), £322.27, other (inc. transaction and cash withdrawal fees) £15.39; total £2,998.65
Destination of visit: China (Beijing, Shenyang and Dalian)
Date of visit: 19-25 September 2015
Purpose of visit: to maintain and strengthen relations between the UK Parliament
and the National People’s Congress of China; to learn about and support British businesses operating in China; and to deepen the knowledge and understanding of parliamentarians of China.
(Registered 08 October 2015
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Pettitts Ltd; management for the shared freehold flats of which I am a resident. (Registered 04 June 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from