Daniel Zeichner campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Daniel Zeichner’s voting in Parliament
Daniel Zeichner is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Daniel Zeichner sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Daniel Zeichner generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
Daniel Zeichner generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Daniel Zeichner’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Daniel Zeichner’s full vote analysis page for more.
Daniel Zeichner has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Future of the European Medicines Agency – Daniel Zeichner.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, if she will review proposed arrangements for the non-examined assessment elements of new GCSEs and A-level examinations to enable adult learners who wish to sit those qualifications as private candidates to do so.
To ask the Secretary of State for Education, whether the examination boards in England, Wales and Northern Ireland collect data on the number of private candidates who sit GCSE and A-Level examinations.
More of Daniel Zeichner’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Cambridge
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department for Transport
- Department of Health
- Home Office
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Education
- Bus Services
- Roads: Repairs and Maintenance
- Cycling: Finance
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Transport) (since 18 Sep 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Science and Technology Committee (Commons) (13 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 73 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Daniel Zeichner’s speeches
- Has received answers to 417 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.27% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 151 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Daniel Zeichner’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 64 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 5 Sep 2016.
1. Employment and earnings
18 March 2016
, payment of £200 from Ipsos MORI
, 3 Thomas More Square, London E1W 1YW, for completing Winter 2015 Survey in December 2015
. Hours: 90 mins. Fee paid direct to my local party. (Registered 31 August 2016
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: All-Party Parliamentary China Group (with sponsorship from John Swire
& Sons, HSBC
, City of London, Cambridge Assessment, and Arup)
Address of donor: House of Commons
, London SW1A 0AA
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights £1,872.02, accommodation £404.78, domestic transport £179.13, food and drink £205.06, meeting and hospitality expenses (inc. interpretation, venue hire), £322.27, other (inc. transaction and cash withdrawal fees) £15.39; total £2,998.65
Destination of visit: China (Beijing, Shenyang and Dalian)
Date of visit: 19-25 September 2015
Purpose of visit: to maintain and strengthen relations between the UK Parliament
and the National People’s Congress of China; to learn about and support British businesses operating in China; and to deepen the knowledge and understanding of parliamentarians of China.
(Registered 08 October 2015
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Pettitts Ltd; management for the shared freehold flats of which I am a resident. (Registered 04 June 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from