Naseem Shah’s voting in Parliament
Naseem Shah is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Naseem Shah sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Naseem Shah voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Naseem Shah’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Naseem Shah’s full vote analysis page for more.
Naseem Shah has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 May 2018
Thank you, Mr Owen, for again calling me to speak. I thank all the right hon. and hon. Members who have contributed to this debate: the hon. Member for Shipley (Philip Davies); my hon. Friends the Members for Ealing Central and Acton (Dr Huq) and for Manchester, Gorton (Afzal Khan); our shadow Home Secretary, my right hon. Friend the Member for Hackney North and Stoke Newington (Ms Abbott);...
I thank the hon. Gentleman, my neighbouring MP, for his input. How does he respond to the fact that for the majority of stop-and-searches that take place, when police officers make their recordings they are made for the purposes of addressing drugs, not knife crime or violent crime, despite what he reads?
I hear what the hon. Gentleman says, but I struggle with it. For me, the common-sense approach to this would be to say that if the police are searching more black people, they will get higher conviction rates. If they were searching the same number of white people, would that not correlate with convictions? The truth is that from the outset, black people have been stopped and searched much...
More of Naseem Shah’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bradford West
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Naseem Shah campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Office
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Education
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Ministry of Justice
- Entry Clearances: Bangladesh
- Extended Schools
- Skills Funding Agency: Contracts
- Forced Marriage
- Entry Clearances: Canada
Currently held offices
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 22 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Naseem Shah’s speeches
- Has received answers to 16 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 78.05% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 62 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Naseem Shah’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 44 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 14 May 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from the NHS
Leadership Academy, The Embankment, Sovereign St, Leeds LS1 4GP:
30 November 2017
, received £600 for delivering a leadership training and development session. Hours: 2.5 hrs including preparation. Travel and accommodation also provided. (Registered 03 November 2017)
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: May Shafi
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: individual
(Registered 06 July 2017)
Name of donor: Bespoke Events Specialists
Address of donor: 44 Plungington Road, Preston, Lancs, PR1 7RB
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: company, registration 06639560
(Registered 06 July 2017)
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: F & J Global Trading (PVT
Address of donor: Plot NO
Shehzad, Islamabad Capital Territory, (I.C.T) 440000
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Accommodation and transport with an estimated value of £1,000
Destination of visit: Pakistan
Dates of visit: 28 September – 8 October 2017
Purpose of visit: to make contact with officials regarding specific constituency
cases and to build networks to assist constituents who are part of the diaspora community with issues arising from land disputes in Azad Jammu and Kashmir
(Registered 27 November 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from