Naseem Shah campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Naseem Shah’s voting in Parliament
Naseem Shah is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Naseem Shah sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Naseem Shah generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Naseem Shah generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Naseem Shah’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Naseem Shah’s full vote analysis page for more.
Naseem Shah has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 8 Feb 2017
Like many in this House who are determined to see a peaceful solution in the middle east, I welcome this timely debate, which allows us to reaffirm our support for lasting peace and to commend the Government on signing UN resolution 2334 last December. As the Palestinians have done since 1993, I recognise and accept a two-state solution and Israel’s existence. However, the last two...
Does the hon. Lady agree that, although it is right for us to mark World Hijab Day in this Chamber, we must acknowledge and recognise that some women are forced to wear the hijab? Ultimately, this is about women’s right to choose to wear what they want to, and for us to stand against the bigotry that we have seen lately in this country. For example, women have had their hijabs ripped...
More of Naseem Shah’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bradford West
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Home Office
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Education
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Extended Schools
- Skills Funding Agency: Contracts
- Forced Marriage
- Visas: Pakistan
Currently held offices
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (since 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 25 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Naseem Shah’s speeches
- Has received answers to 33 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 53.72% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 61 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Naseem Shah’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 26 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 6 Feb 2017.
Name of donor: Unite the Union
Address of donor: 128 Theobalds Rd, London WC1X 8TN
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flight, hotel, subsistence: £1,780.97
Destination of visit: Qatar
Date of visit: 19-23 January 2016
Purpose of visit: delegation to look at migrant workers rights.
(Registered 17 February 2016
Name of donor: European Islamophobia Summit
Address of donor: İstiklal Caddesi, Erol Dernek Sk. No.5, K.4 D.10, Beyoğlu, İstanbul, Turkey
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights and accommodation with a value of £800
Destination of visit: Sarajevo
Date of visit: 24-27 June 2016
Purpose of visit: to attend the European Islamophobia summit.
(Registered 27 July 2016
Name of donor: The Concordia Forum
Address of donor: 11 Burford Road, Stratford E15 2ST
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights, accommodation and subsistence with a value of £822.61
Destination of visit: Lisbon, Portugal
Dates of visit: 13-16 October 2016
Purpose of visit: To attend a Concordia Forum event.
(Registered 16 November 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from