Naseem Shah’s voting in Parliament
Naseem Shah is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Naseem Shah sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Naseem Shah generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Naseem Shah generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Naseem Shah’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Naseem Shah’s full vote analysis page for more.
Naseem Shah has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 11 Sep 2017
It is an honour to serve under your chairmanship, Mr Howarth. I congratulate my hon. Friend the Member for Enfield, Southgate (Bambos Charalambous) on securing the debate. Like many other Members here, I have met constituents who have talked to me not only about the difficulty of diagnosis, but the importance of getting a diagnosis. I have also heard of the difficulty that both children and...
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many marriage visa applications from Canadian nationals were overturned on appeal by her Department in (a) 2014, (b) 2015 and (c) 2016.
To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many marriage visa applications from Australian nationals were overturned on appeal in (a) 2014, (b) 2015 and (c) 2016.
More of Naseem Shah’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bradford West
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Naseem Shah campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Home Office
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Education
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Entry Clearances: Bangladesh
- Extended Schools
- Skills Funding Agency: Contracts
- Forced Marriage
- Entry Clearances: Canada
Currently held offices
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (26 Oct 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 23 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Naseem Shah’s speeches
- Has received answers to 22 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 77.78% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 65 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Naseem Shah’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 37 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 11 Sep 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Payments from the NHS
Leadership Academy, The Embankment, Sovereign St, Leeds LS1 4GP:
8 February 2017
, received £1,200 for delivering two leadership training and development sessions. Hours: 5 hrs including preparation. Travel and accommodation also provided. (Registered 17 March 2017
22 March 2017, received £600 for delivering a leadership training and development session. Hours: 2.5 hrs including preparation. (Registered 23 March 2017)
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: May Shafi
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,000
Donor status: individual
(Registered 06 July 2017
Name of donor: Bespoke Events Specialists
Address of donor: 44 Plungington Road, Preston, Lancs, PR1 7RB
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £5,000
Donor status: company, registration 06639560
(Registered 06 July 2017)
Name of donor: The Concordia Forum
Address of donor: 11 Burford Road, Stratford E15 2ST
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights, accommodation and subsistence with a value of £822.61
Destination of visit: Lisbon, Portugal
Dates of visit: 13-16 October 2016
Purpose of visit: To attend a Concordia Forum event.
(Registered 16 November 2016
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from