Naseem Shah campaigned to remain in the European Union
Let your MP know how you feel – email them now.
Naseem Shah’s voting in Parliament
Naseem Shah is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Naseem Shah sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Naseem Shah generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against.
Naseem Shah generally voted against replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system, while most Labour MPs generally voted for.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Naseem Shah’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Naseem Shah’s full vote analysis page for more.
Naseem Shah has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what recent representations he has made to the Indian government to ensure the welfare and safe return of British citizens affected by the curfew in Kashmir.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what representations the Government is making to the government of Indian on the Indian Armed Forces (Jammu and Kashmir) Special Powers Act 1990 and scrutiny of Indian military intervention in Kashmir.
To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what recent representations he has made to the Indian government on civilians killed and injured in Kashmir since the death of Burhan Wani.
More of Naseem Shah’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Bradford West
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for Education
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Home Office
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- Extended Schools
- Forced Marriage
- Skills Funding Agency: Contracts
- Kashmir: Politics and Government
- Forced Marriage Unit
Currently held offices
- Member, Home Affairs Committee (since 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 19 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Naseem Shah’s speeches
- Has received answers to 22 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 52.02% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well below average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 58 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Naseem Shah’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 15 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 1 Aug 2016.
Name of donor: Unite the Union
Address of donor: 128 Theobalds Rd, London WC1X 8TN
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flight, hotel, subsistence: £1,780.97
Destination of visit: Qatar
Date of visit: 19-23 January 2016
Purpose of visit: delegation to look at migrant workers rights.
(Registered 17 February 2016
Name of donor: European Islamophobia Summit
Address of donor: İstiklal Caddesi, Erol Dernek Sk. No.5, K.4 D.10, Beyoğlu, İstanbul, Turkey
Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): flights and accommodation with a value of £800
Destination of visit: Sarajevo
Date of visit: 24-27 June 2016
Purpose of visit: to attend the European Islamophobia summit.
(Registered 27 July 2016)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from