Marcus Fysh’s voting in Parliament
Marcus Fysh is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Marcus Fysh sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Marcus Fysh consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Marcus Fysh’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Marcus Fysh’s full vote analysis page for more.
Marcus Fysh has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 21 Nov 2017
It is a pleasure to stand here tonight and to talk about this Bill on behalf of my constituents. Having listened to the speech by the hon. Member for Bootle (Peter Dowd), they might have been a bit surprised to hear that there was no point to this place at all. However, what we are doing tonight, if we pass these resolutions, is giving our consent to the Government bringing in a Bill that is...
I do not accept that at all, but I thank the hon. Lady for her intervention. We have a major opportunity to think about what tariffs are best for all of our economy, rather than always having to think about just the EU. This is a really big opportunity to shape many of our industries, when we have just had to cope with a one-size-fits-all solution for many years now. Our ability to cope on...
My hon. Friend makes an important point, and I completely agree. It is massively important that we look at the data systems, and I have talked a lot with Ministers about the customs declaration service that we are putting in place by January 2019. I have met industry representatives, and I have to thank my hon. Friend the Member for Dover (Charlie Elphicke) for organising some of those...
More of Marcus Fysh’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Yeovil
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Marcus Fysh campaigned to leave the European Union
- Ministry of Defence
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for International Development
- HM Treasury
- Economic and Monetary Union
- Pupils: Carers
- Hate Crime: Prosecutions
- Government Departments: Cost Effectiveness
- A303: Bypasses
Currently held offices
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (since 30 Oct 2017)
- Member, Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Member, International Trade Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, International Trade Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 43 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Marcus Fysh’s speeches
- Has received answers to 2 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.75% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 80 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Marcus Fysh’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 35 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 13 Nov 2017.
2. (a) Support linked to an MP
but received by a local party organisation or indirectly via a central party organisation
Name of donor: Abbatt Group Ltd
Address of donor: New Penderel House, 283-287 High Holborn, London WC1V 7HF
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £2,500
Donor status: company, registration 02152123
(Registered 09 August 2017
Name of donor: JC
Bamford Excavators Ltd
Address of donor: Lakeside Works, Denstone Road, Rocester, Uttoxeter ST14 5JP
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £4,000
Donor status: company, registration 00561597
(Registered 09 August 2017)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
London Wessex Ltd: investment and research. (Registered 07 June 2015
London Wessex Brands Ltd: brand development, wholesale, retail and manufacturing. (Registered 07 June 2015)
Wessex Investments Proprietary Ltd; investment. (Registered 07 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from