Marcus Fysh’s voting in Parliament
Marcus Fysh is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Marcus Fysh sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Marcus Fysh consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Marcus Fysh’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Marcus Fysh’s full vote analysis page for more.
Last updated: 19 Apr 2017
Thank you, Mr Speaker. Farmers across the south-west are rightly very proud of the high-quality food that they produce, be it beef, lamb, milk and so on. What opportunities from leaving the EU does the Minister see to ensure that they get a fair price for that food in the future?
I welcome that news, and the initiatives on raising the number of clergy vocations. Stealing metal from church roofs is indeed an unfortunate vocation. What are we doing in the Yeovil area specifically to stop such theft?
More of Marcus Fysh’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Yeovil
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Marcus Fysh campaigned to leave the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Ministry of Defence
- HM Treasury
- Department for Education
- Economic and Monetary Union
- Pupils: Carers
- Hate Crime: Prosecutions
- Government Departments: Cost Effectiveness
- A303: Bypasses
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, International Trade Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 29 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Marcus Fysh’s speeches
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 74 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Marcus Fysh’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 28 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 2 May 2017.
1. Employment and earnings
Councillor, Somerset County Council, County Hall, The Crescent, Taunton TA1 4DY. Receive £10,354 per annum, until May 2017
. Hours: up to 30 hrs per month. (Registered 07 June 2015
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
London Wessex Ltd: investment and research. (Registered 07 June 2015)
London Wessex Brands Ltd: brand development, wholesale, retail and manufacturing. (Registered 07 June 2015)
Wessex Investments Proprietary Ltd; investment. (Registered 07 June 2015)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from