Marcus Fysh’s voting in Parliament
Marcus Fysh is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Marcus Fysh sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Marcus Fysh voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Marcus Fysh’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Marcus Fysh’s full vote analysis page for more.
Marcus Fysh has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
Spina bifida is one of the most prevalent causes of infant mortality and disability, and a campaign has been running for quite a long time to try to fortify flour to prevent it. Successive Governments have ducked the issue, so will we now please seize it?
My part of Somerset has one of the highest degrees of exports to the rest of the world, as opposed to the EU, but for every minute that the rest of the world thinks we might remain in some sort of customs union or common external tariff alignment, the less interest they have in negotiating with us on future trade. When will the Government publish their version of the backstop?
To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what work has been undertaken to understand the technology and processes required to remove the need for infrastructure related to checks and controls at the Irish border itself aside from that on the Facilitated Customs Arrangement referred to in the Government's White Paper on the future relationship between the EU and the UK.
More of Marcus Fysh’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Yeovil
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Marcus Fysh campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- Ministry of Defence
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for International Development
- HM Treasury
- Economic and Monetary Union
- Pupils: Carers
- Hate Crime: Prosecutions
- Government Departments: Cost Effectiveness
- A303: Bypasses
Currently held offices
- Member, European Scrutiny Committee (since 30 Oct 2017)
- Member, Committees on Arms Export Controls (formerly Quadripartite Committee) (since 10 Oct 2017)
- Member, Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
- Member, International Trade Committee (since 11 Sep 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, International Trade Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 26 debates in the last year — below average amongst MPs. See all Marcus Fysh’s speeches
- Has received answers to 3 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a very low number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 88.98% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 78 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Marcus Fysh’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 47 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 29 Oct 2018.
Name of donor: Tito Tettamanti
Address of donor: private
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): For my wife and myself, flights and accommodation with a total value of £2,574
Destination of visit: Cap Ferrat
Dates of visit: 8-9 September 2018
Purpose of visit: Meeting between politicians, journalists, diplomats and a judge from both UK and Switzerland to discuss the relationship of UK and Switzerland with the EU.
(Registered 23 October 2018)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
West Sea Investments Ltd (formerly London Wessex Ltd): investment and research. (Registered 07 June 2015
; updated 13 September 2018)
Until 26 April 2018
, London Wessex Brands Ltd: brand development, wholesale, retail and manufacturing. Now dissolved. (Registered 07 June 2015; updated 13 September 2018)
Samfire Proprietary Ltd (formerly Wessex Investments Proprietary Ltd); investment. (Registered 07 June 2015; updated 13 September 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from