Scott Mann’s voting in Parliament
Scott Mann is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Scott Mann sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Scott Mann consistently voted for allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Scott Mann consistently voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Scott Mann consistently voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Scott Mann’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Scott Mann’s full vote analysis page for more.
Scott Mann has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
Thank you very much, Mr Speaker. The Secretary of State and other DEFRA Ministers will be well aware of the challenges facing Camelford, in my constituency, which was recently subjected to an air quality assessment, and which is in the very early stages of being granted a bypass. I hope that the Secretary of State will support me, and the local community, in our bid for a new bypass in Camelford.
More of Scott Mann’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for North Cornwall
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Scott Mann campaigned to leave the European Union
- Department for Environment
- Food and Rural Affairs
- HM Treasury
- Ministry of Defence
- Department for Transport
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Fisheries: Quotas
- Affordable Housing: South West
- Roads: South West
- Germany: Thalidomide
Currently held offices
- Member, Environmental Audit Committee (since 19 Dec 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 37 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Scott Mann’s speeches
- Has received answers to 19 written questions in the last year — average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 89.08% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 16–17 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 79 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Scott Mann’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 36 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 10 Apr 2017.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK
Name of donor: The Caravan Club
Address of donor: East Grinstead House, East Grinstead RH19 1UA
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: use of a caravan club demonstration motorhome, equivalent cost to hire and pitch £2,200
Date received: 8 August 2016
Date accepted: 12 August 2016
Donor status: company, registration 445520
(Registered 13 September 2016
; updated 10 January 2017
4. Visits outside the UK
Name of donor: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic of China
Address of donor: c/o Taipei Representative Office
in the UK, 50 Grosvenor Gardens, London SW1W 0EB
Estimate of the probable value (or amount of any donation): Flights, internal travel, accommodation and hospitality with a value of £4,000
Destination of visit: Taipei
Dates of visit: 25 September - 2 October 2016
Purpose of visit: Parliamentary delegation at the invitation of the Government of the Republic of China
(Taiwan) to gain a better understanding of trade, economics and political issues surrounding both countries.
(Registered 25 October 2016)
6. Land and property portfolio: (i) value over £100,000 and/or (ii) giving rental income of over £10,000 a year
50 percent shared ownership house in Wadebridge, North Cornwall: (i). (Registered 04 June 2015
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from