Nigel Huddleston’s voting in Parliament
Nigel Huddleston is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
This is a random selection of Nigel Huddleston’s votes.
Generally voted for an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
3 votes for, 1 vote against, 1 absence, between 2016–2020.
Generally voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits Show votes
27 votes for, 3 votes against, 4 absences, between 2015–2022.
Voted against a wholly elected House of Lords Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016.
Generally voted against more EU integration Show votes
19 votes for, 64 votes against, 8 absences, between 2016–2022.
Generally voted against paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
1 vote for, 10 votes against, 3 absences, between 2016–2022.
Consistently voted for raising welfare benefits at least in line with prices Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, in 2022.
Last updated: 18 May 2022.
Learn more about our voting records and what they mean.
We have lots more plain English analysis of Nigel Huddleston’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Nigel Huddleston’s full vote analysis page for more.
Nigel Huddleston has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
The Government’s Export Strategy, ‘Made in the UK, Sold to the World’, focuses on the challenges UK businesses face when exporting and sets out a 12-point plan which targets barriers to trade and helps businesses at every stage of their export journey. My Department continues to support companies through our network of domestic and overseas trade advisers, sector specialists, Export...
Where an export licence is no longer consistent with the Strategic Export Licensing Criteria, such as when there has been a change in circumstances in the destination country, then that licence will be revoked. Alternatively, we may invite the licensee to surrender the licence. Between 1 January 2018 to 31 March 2023, we revoked 19 Standard Individual Export Licences and two Open Individual...
The total cost of the flights and accommodation for the Secretary of State’s visit to the World Economic Forum from 17 to 20 January 2023 is set out within the “DIT Ministers' Overseas Travel: January to February 2023” transparency data published on GOV.UK.
More of Nigel Huddleston’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Mid Worcestershire
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Nigel Huddleston campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- HM Treasury
- Women and Equalities
- Wind Power: Planning Permission
- Radio Frequencies
- *No heading*
- Immigration: EU Nationals
Currently held offices
- Minister of State (Department for Business and Trade) (since 7 Feb 2023)
- Member, Charities Bill [HL] Second Reading Committee (since 12 Jan 2022)
Other offices held in the past
- Parliamentary Under-Secretary (Department for International Trade) (30 Oct 2022 to 7 Feb 2023)
- Member, Economic Crime and Corporate Transparency Bill Committee (24 Oct 2022 to 30 Oct 2022)
- Member, Committee of Selection (18 Oct 2022 to 7 Nov 2022)
- Member, Levelling-up and Regeneration Bill Committee (23 Sep 2022 to 20 Oct 2022)
- Government Whip, Lord Commissioner of HM Treasury (20 Sep 2022 to 7 Feb 2023)
- Member, Charities Bill [HL] Committee (19 Jan 2022 to 25 Jan 2022)
- Member, Dormant Assets Bill [HL] Committee (15 Dec 2021 to 11 Jan 2022)
- Member, Cultural Objects (Protection From Seizure) Bill Committee ( 9 Nov 2021 to 17 Nov 2021)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (13 Feb 2020 to 20 Sep 2022)
- Assistant Whip (29 Jul 2019 to 17 Sep 2021)
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee ( 8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 18 Sep 2023.
3. Gifts, benefits and hospitality from UK sources
Name of donor: Tottenham Hotspur Football & Athletic Co. Ltd
Address of donor: Hotspur Way, Enfield EN2 9AP
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Tickets and hospitality for me and a guest at an NFL
game, total value £550
Date received: 9 October 2022
Date accepted: 9 October 2022
Donor status: company, registration 01706358
(Registered 03 November 2022)
Name of donor: Motorsport UK
Association Ltd (trading as Motorsport UK)
Address of donor: 141 The Command Works Southern Avenue, Bicester Heritage, Bicester OX27 8FY
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: Two tickets with hospitality for the British Grand Prix
, total value £2,000
Date received: 9 July 2023
Date accepted: 9 July 2023
Donor status: company, registration 01344829
(Registered 12 July 2023)
Shareholding, below the threshold for registering in Category 7
, in Alphabet Inc
. I have held these shares since before I was elected as an MP
in May 2015. (Registered 16 August 2019)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)