Nigel Huddleston’s voting in Parliament
Nigel Huddleston is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Nigel Huddleston sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Nigel Huddleston voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
Nigel Huddleston voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Nigel Huddleston’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Nigel Huddleston’s full vote analysis page for more.
Nigel Huddleston has occasionally rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 23 May 2018
Will the Secretary of State confirm the role that Romania is playing in tackling the Russian threat and what resources the UK is putting into Romania?
The hon. Member for East Kilbride, Strathaven and Lesmahagow (Dr Cameron) made some very valid points, but let us be clear about one thing: M&S is changing its business model in response to changing customer needs, behaviour and desires, and it has survived since 1884 precisely because it continues to do that. Revenues are up—let us not paint a picture of gloom and doom—but...
What consideration has been given to breaking off the North Cotswold line into a stand-alone franchise once the GWR franchise comes to an end?
More of Nigel Huddleston’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Mid Worcestershire
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Nigel Huddleston campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Department for Business
- Innovation and Skills
- Department for Culture
- Media and Sport
- HM Treasury
- Home Office
- Wind Power: Planning Permission
- Radio Frequencies
- Cold Weather Payments: Correspondence
- Education: Left Handed People
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Culture, Media and Sport Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 105 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Nigel Huddleston’s speeches
- Has received answers to 8 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.58% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 52 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Nigel Huddleston’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 82 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 4 Jun 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
17 August 2017
, received £350 from the Telegraph Media Group, 111 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W 0DT, for writing an article. Hours: 4 hrs.
(Registered 06 September 2017
Payments from Populus, 10 Northburgh Street, London EC1V 0AT, for opinion surveys:
16 January 2017, received £50. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 22 November 2017)
27 February 2017
, received £50. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 22 November 2017)
28 February 2017, received £50. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 22 November 2017)
31 July 2017, received £50. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 22 November 2017)
28 September 2017, received £50. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 22 November 2017)
20 November 2017, received £50. Hours: 2 hrs. (Registered 22 November 2017)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from