Matthew Pennycook’s voting in Parliament
Matthew Pennycook is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Matthew Pennycook’s votes.
Voted for replacing Trident with a new nuclear weapons system Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, 3 absences, in 2016
Almost always voted for paying higher benefits over longer periods for those unable to work due to illness or disability Show votes
7 votes for, 0 votes against, 1 absence, between 2015–2016
Voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
Consistently voted against reducing central government funding of local government Show votes
0 votes for, 3 votes against, between 2016–2018
Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Matthew Pennycook’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Matthew Pennycook’s full vote analysis page for more.
Matthew Pennycook has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
Labour MP for Greenwich and Woolwich
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Matthew Pennycook campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Department of Health
- Department for Exiting the European Union
- HM Treasury
- Department for Transport
- Part-time Employment: EU Law
- Energy: Meters
- Members: Correspondence
- Right to Buy Scheme
- Psychiatry: Greenwich and Woolwich
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Exiting the European Union) (since 9 Oct 2016)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Energy and Climate Change Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 17 Oct 2016)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 42 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all Matthew Pennycook’s speeches
- Has received answers to 66 written questions in the last year — above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 82.81% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 20–21 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 113 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Matthew Pennycook’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 100 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from