Justin Madders’s voting in Parliament
Justin Madders is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
This is a selection of Justin Madders’s votes.
Consistently voted against fewer MPs in the House of Commons Show votes
0 votes for, 2 votes against, in 2016
Has never voted on a more proportional system for electing MPs
Voted against an equal number of electors per parliamentary constituency Show votes
0 votes for, 1 vote against, in 2016
Generally voted for a referendum on the UK's membership of the EU Show votes
2 votes for, 0 votes against, 2 absences, between 2015–2016
Generally voted for more EU integration Show votes
33 votes for, 9 votes against, 12 absences, between 2017–2018
Voted for removing hereditary peers from the House of Lords Show votes
1 vote for, 0 votes against, in 2016
We have lots more plain English analysis of Justin Madders’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Justin Madders’s full vote analysis page for more.
Justin Madders has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 5 Sep 2018
Leasehold Reform Bill - 2nd reading – Justin Madders.
To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, what estimate he has made of the number of days of sick leave taken by staff in his Department for mental health reasons in each year since 2010.
To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what estimate he has made of the number of days of sick leave taken by staff in his Department for mental health reasons in each year since 2010.
More of Justin Madders’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Ellesmere Port and Neston
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Justin Madders campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department of Health and Social Care
- Department for Education
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Department for Transport
- NHS: Sustainable Development
- NHS: Reorganisation
- Health Professions: Training
- NHS: Finance
- Employment Tribunals Service: Fees and Charges
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Health and Social Care) (since 9 Jan 2018)
Other offices held in the past
- Shadow Minister (Health) (18 Sep 2015 to 9 Jan 2018)
- Member, Petitions Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 100 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Justin Madders’s speeches
- Has received answers to 499 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 83.26% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 71 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Justin Madders’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 212 times in debates — average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from