Justin Madders’s voting in Parliament
Justin Madders is a Labour MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Labour MPs.
However, Justin Madders sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Justin Madders generally voted for higher taxes on banks, while most Labour MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Justin Madders’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Justin Madders’s full vote analysis page for more.
Justin Madders has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 22 Feb 2017
To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, if he will make it his policy to stop providing Government support through the Help to Buy scheme for new houses sold on a leasehold basis.
To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what recent assessment he has made of the effectiveness of the NHS Special Projects team.
More of Justin Madders’s recent appearances
Labour MP for Ellesmere Port and Neston
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Justin Madders campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department of Health
- Department for Transport
- HM Treasury
- Ministry of Justice
- Department for Education
- NHS: Sustainable Development
- Health Professions: Training
- Employment Tribunals Service: Fees and Charges
- NHS: Finance
- NHS: Reorganisation
Currently held offices
- Shadow Minister (Health) (since 18 Sep 2015)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Petitions Committee (20 Jul 2015 to 26 Oct 2015)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site.
More about this
- Has spoken in 81 debates in the last year — well above average amongst MPs. See all Justin Madders’s speeches
- Has received answers to 453 written questions in the last year — well above average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a high number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 75.80% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 66 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Justin Madders’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 123 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from