Chris Philp’s voting in Parliament
Chris Philp is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Chris Philp sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
We have lots more plain English analysis of Chris Philp’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Chris Philp’s full vote analysis page for more.
Chris Philp has hardly ever rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Diamorphine Assisted Treatment (DAT) is an option that remains open to local areas under the existing legal framework, and we support those areas who pursue this approach, where the relevant licences are obtained from the Home Office. DAT is aimed at those who are already engaging with treatment but are not responding to opioid substitution therapy. Evidence supporting the value of targeted...
‘Cuckooing’ is most commonly associated with the county lines drug distribution model. That’s why, as part of our ambitious 10-year Drugs Strategy, we are investing up to £145m over three years to tackle drugs supply and county lines activity, taking action against county lines holders and safeguarding children and vulnerable people. The targeted stakeholder engagement exercise,...
Organisations who sell knives to those aged under 18 face a range of fines from £500 to £1 million. The government keeps knife crime legislation under continual review and has taken action in a number of areas. The Criminal Justice Bill includes new measures for tackling knife crime, including increasing the maximum penalty for selling specified weapons or for selling any knives to under...
More of Chris Philp’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Croydon South
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Chris Philp campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Education
- HM Treasury
- Home Office
- Cabinet Office
- Public Works Loan Board
- Pupils: Travel
- Local Government: Assets
- Schools: Cost Effectiveness
Currently held offices
- The Minister of State, Home Department (since 26 Oct 2022)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Equipment Theft (Prevention) Bill Committee (25 Jan 2023 to 1 Feb 2023)
- The Paymaster General and Minister for the Cabinet Office (14 Oct 2022 to 25 Oct 2022)
- The Chief Secretary to the Treasury ( 6 Sep 2022 to 14 Oct 2022)
- Member, Online Safety Bill Committee (18 May 2022 to 28 Jun 2022)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (16 Sep 2021 to 7 Jul 2022)
- Member, Nationality and Borders Bill Committee (15 Sep 2021 to 19 Sep 2021)
- Member, Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill (12 May 2021 to 24 Jun 2021)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for the Home Department (13 Feb 2020 to 16 Sep 2021)
- Minister of State (London) (18 Dec 2019 to 13 Feb 2020)
- The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Justice (10 Sep 2019 to 13 Feb 2020)
- Member, Treasury Committee ( 8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 27 Nov 2023.
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Pluto Capital Management LLP
; property finance and investment (Registered 05 June 2015)
Millgap Ltd; consulting, advisory and investment (Registered 05 June 2015)
Pluto Partners LLP; property finance and investment (Registered 05 June 2015)
Pluto Silverstone Co Invest LLP; property finance and investment (Registered 05 June 2015)
Pluto Monza Co Invest LLP; property finance and investment (Registered 05 June 2015)
Pluto Development Partners LLP; property finance and investment (Registered 05 June 2015)
On 22 March 2021, a company to which a subsidiary of Pluto Partners LLP provides services became accredited for the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme. (Registered 25 May 2021)
On 22 March 2021, a company in which Millgap Ltd holds beneficial ownership of 0.375% became accredited for the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme. (Registered 25 May 2021)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely, on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety of sources. Voting information from Public Whip.
Profile photo: © Parliament (CC-BY 3.0)