Chris Philp’s voting in Parliament
Chris Philp is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, Chris Philp sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
Chris Philp voted for allowing terminally ill people to be given assistance to end their life, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
Chris Philp voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of Chris Philp’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit Chris Philp’s full vote analysis page for more.
Chris Philp has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
Does the shadow Minister accept the Resolution Foundation’s analysis, published after the Budget, that said that the total fiscal cost of the amended universal credit will exceed that of the preceding benefits? That is, more money is going into universal credit now than even was the case before.
I have been looking at the Red Book while the right hon. Gentleman has been speaking. He asked two questions. First, he asked about council tax receipts, which will be £34 billion this year and are forecast to rise to £40 billion in 2023-24. Secondly, he asked about CDEL, which is £50.2 billion in the current financial year and is forecast to rise to £65.5 billion by 2020-21.
It is a great pleasure to speak in this debate. The Financial Secretary to the Treasury got it right in his introduction—I can see he agrees with that—when he set the financial scene and reminded us of the history of the past eight or so years. When this Government came into office in 2010, we faced an economic crisis of almost unprecedented scale. At around 10% of GDP, the...
More of Chris Philp’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Croydon South
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
Chris Philp campaigned to remain in the European Union
- Department for Education
- HM Treasury
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Department for Transport
- Home Office
- Personal Injury: Compensation
- Southern: Standards
- Schools: Cost Effectiveness
- Afghanistan: Religious Freedom
Other offices held in the past
- Member, Treasury Committee (8 Jul 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 57 debates in the last year — above average amongst MPs. See all Chris Philp’s speeches
- Has received answers to 4 written questions in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 94.55% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 17–18 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 77 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on Chris Philp’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 103 times in debates — below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Register of Members’ Interests
Last updated: 29 Oct 2018.
1. Employment and earnings
Until 7 August 2018
, remunerated Director of BP
Balkans Pluto (Cyprus) Ltd; property development and investment in E Europe. Address: 1 Erehthiou St, Antonios Zenios Tower, Engomi 2413 Nicosia. I received £4,000 a calendar year, for an expected commitment of 2 hours a month. (Registered 05 June 2016
; updated 29 July 2016
and 7 August 2018)
7. (i) Shareholdings: over 15% of issued share capital
Pluto Capital Management LLP
; property finance and investment (Registered 05 June 2015
Millgap Ltd; consulting, advisory and investment (Registered 05 June 2015)
Pluto Partners LLP; property finance and investment (Registered 05 June 2015)
Pluto Silverstone Co Invest LLP; property finance and investment (Registered 05 June 2015)
Pluto Monza Co Invest LLP; property finance and investment (Registered 05 June 2015)
Pluto Development Partners LLP; property finance and investment (Registered 05 June 2015)
Explore Montenegro Ltd; travel and tourism (Registered 05 June 2015)
7. (ii) Other shareholdings, valued at more than £70,000
BP Balkans Pluto (Cyprus); property development and investment in E Europe. (Registered 05 June 2015)
From 7 August 2018, unpaid Director of BP Balkans Pluto (Cyprus) Ltd; property development and investment in E Europe. This role is unpaid but was formerly remunerated. (Registered 13 August 2018)
View the history of this MP’s entries in the Register
More about the register
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from