James Cleverly’s voting in Parliament
James Cleverly is a Conservative MP, and on the vast majority of issues votes the same way as other Conservative MPs.
However, James Cleverly sometimes differs from their party colleagues, such as:
James Cleverly voted against investigations into the Iraq war, while most Conservative MPs generally voted for. Show votes
James Cleverly voted for requiring pub companies to offer pub landlords rent-only leases, while most Conservative MPs generally voted against. Show votes
We have lots more plain English analysis of James Cleverly’s voting record on issues like health, welfare, taxation and more. Visit James Cleverly’s full vote analysis page for more.
James Cleverly has never rebelled against their party in the current parliament. Find out more.
Last updated: 12 Sep 2018
What assessment he has made of the effectiveness of the CPS in prosecuting crimes involving the exploitation of vulnerable people.
I thank my hon. and learned Friend for that answer. Does he agree that the use of some of the youngest and most vulnerable people in our society for county lines drugs trafficking is a particularly pernicious offence? What is the CPS doing to crack down on that activity?
What steps he is taking to improve preventive care in the NHS.
More of James Cleverly’s recent appearances
Conservative MP for Braintree
Entered the House of Commons on 8 May 2015 — General election
Topics of interest
James Cleverly campaigned to leave the European Union
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Ministry of Defence
- Cabinet Office
- Scotland Office
- Home Office
- Commonwealth Secretariat: Finance
- MOD Wethersfield
- Commonwealth Secretariat: Public Appointments
- Elections: Fraud
- Ministry of Defence: Property
Currently held offices
- Deputy Chair, Conservative Party (since 8 Jan 2018)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (since 6 Nov 2017)
Other offices held in the past
- Member, International Trade Committee (31 Oct 2016 to 3 May 2017)
- Member, Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) (9 Nov 2015 to 3 May 2017)
Previous MPs in this constituency
Public bill committees (Sittings attended)
Please note that numbers do not measure quality. Also, representatives may do other things not currently covered by this site. More about this
- Has spoken in 34 debates in the last year — average amongst MPs. See all James Cleverly’s speeches
- Has received answers to 1 written question in the last year — below average amongst MPs.
- Replied within 2 or 3 weeks to a medium number of messages sent via WriteToThem.com during 2015, according to constituents.
- Has voted in 93.36% of votes in this Parliament with this affiliation — well above average amongst MPs. (From Public Whip)
- People have made 0 annotations on this MP’s speeches — below average amongst MPs.
- This MP’s speeches, in Hansard, are readable by an average 18–19 year old, going by the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level score.
- 66 people are tracking this MP — email me updates on James Cleverly’s activity
- Has used three-word alliterative phrases (e.g. "she sells seashells") 65 times in debates — well below average amongst MPs. (Why is this here?)
Note for journalists and researchers: The data on this page may be used freely,
on condition that TheyWorkForYou.com is cited as the source.
This data was produced by TheyWorkForYou from a variety
of sources. Voting information from